Does this build have sense?

heylarry

Sorry for not using "OG pattern" but I am more interested if this build have sense. So here is the thing. I have RTX 4070 SUPER and i5 13600k, and I wanna build PC around these parts. So here what I was thinking about:

PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80 Plus Gold/ 850 VERSION.

MOBO: MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR 5/ I also thought about MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI, but it's kinda overkill, as I will only OC ram (through XMP profile) and maybe GPU (Afterburner)

RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) 5600Mhz CL36 Vengeance

PC CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow ( I am not sure about this one though. I heard it's great, but it only have 2 fans. I am not sure if I will need more fans, and buy them or just Buy PC CASE with 4 fans.

As for SSD and CPU cooler. I have M2 (1TB) and some 500 mb/s SSD I pin to SATA. My cooler is Peerless Assassin 120 SE.

What do you guys think? Is this build okay? It's sucks? Or it's kinda overkill? I am kinda ready to go for that build.

1 minute ago, heylarry said:

What do you guys think? Is this build okay?

Is fine.

Are you getting the RMx SHIFT or the original? The 4070 non-Super would be fine with the RMx, but the Super has a 16 pin so you'd have to use the adapter (if your 4070 Super came with one, which it should have).

3 minutes ago, heylarry said:

MOBO: MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR 5/ I also thought about MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI, but it's kinda overkill, as I will only OC ram (through XMP profile) and maybe GPU (Afterburner)

You could look at the B760 Gaming Plus, is usually around $20-$30 cheaper than the Tomahawk, but it only has 2x M.2 slots.

1 hour ago, Tetras said:

Is fine.

Are you getting the RMx SHIFT or the original? The 4070 non-Super would be fine with the RMx, but the Super has a 16 pin so you'd have to use the adapter (if your 4070 Super came with one, which it should have).

You could look at the B760 Gaming Plus, is usually around $20-$30 cheaper than the Tomahawk, but it only has 2x M.2 slots.

Whats the difference between these two? And yeah, my RTX came with adapter. 

1 hour ago, Tetras said:

Is fine.

But not sure the Shift will be usable easily in the Corsair 4000 case, read it lacks cable management space iirc

Else get the RM75Oe

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, heylarry said:

Sorry for not using "OG pattern" but I am more interested if this build have sense. So here is the thing. I have RTX 4070 SUPER and i5 13600k, and I wanna build PC around these parts. So here what I was thinking about:

PC CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow ( I am not sure about this one though. I heard it's great, but it only have 2 fans. I am not sure if I will need more fans, and buy them or just Buy PC CASE with 4 fans.

As for SSD and CPU cooler. I have M2 (1TB) and some 500 mb/s SSD I pin to SATA. My cooler is Peerless Assassin 120 SE.

What do you guys think? Is this build okay? It's sucks? Or it's kinda overkill? I am kinda ready to go for that build.

DDR5-5600 CL36 is a bottleneck and the 4000D is a hose job.

https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=356 

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: *Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($94.97 @ Amazon) 
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case  ($65.00 @ B&H) 
Total: $159.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-27 13:54 EDT-0400

always bad value unless you buy used but atleast its not an rme, id pick a cheaper unit that still retains the 10 year warranty

for oc id pick z690/790, not only full oc controls but also the ability to undervolt properly, and id pick a gigabyte aorus elite x or a higher end z690 for better ram oc capabilities

as for the rams those are garbage probably trash samsung that wont clock past 7000, get some teamgroup or klevv 5600c46 as those are guaranteed hynix a die, if unavailable theres always 6400c32 kits

expect the imc to be capable of 7600-8800 depending on how lucky you get but since we are dealing with lower end or older non oc focused 4 dimmer boards and not a proper 2 dimmer like the apex encore or an oc focused 4dimmer like the z790 classified i wouldnt expect much over 8000 atleast stabily anyways

there should be plenty of info and oc profiles online you can use as a reference so you dont have to do things from scratch

if you like it theres nothing wrong with it but id definitely get a cheaper case with 3-4 fans included if you arent that attatched to it

1 hour ago, Why_Me said:

DDR5-5600 CL36 is a bottleneck and the 4000D is a hose job.

https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=356 

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: *Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($94.97 @ Amazon) 
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case  ($65.00 @ B&H) 
Total: $159.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-27 13:54 EDT-0400

Why it's bootleneck? And that RAM you placed is very rare it's seem, not one in my country 😞

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

always bad value unless you buy used but atleast its not an rme, id pick a cheaper unit that still retains the 10 year warranty

for oc id pick z690/790, not only full oc controls but also the ability to undervolt properly, and id pick a gigabyte aorus elite x or a higher end z690 for better ram oc capabilities

as for the rams those are garbage probably trash samsung that wont clock past 7000, get some teamgroup or klevv 5600c46 as those are guaranteed hynix a die, if unavailable theres always 6400c32 kits

expect the imc to be capable of 7600-8800 depending on how lucky you get but since we are dealing with lower end or older non oc focused 4 dimmer boards and not a proper 2 dimmer like the apex encore or an oc focused 4dimmer like the z790 classified i wouldnt expect much over 8000 atleast stabily anyways

there should be plenty of info and oc profiles online you can use as a reference so you dont have to do things from scratch

if you like it theres nothing wrong with it but id definitely get a cheaper case with 3-4 fans included if you arent that attatched to it

what do you mean by always bad value? and I will just use XMP profile, so with that i wont go higher than 5600, yes?

1 minute ago, heylarry said:

what do you mean by always bad value? and I will just use XMP profile, so with that i wont go higher than 5600, yes?

as in theyre always pretty pricey compared to the competition, for the price of that rm750x you can get an 850w or for the price of the rm850x you can get 1000w for the same price

if you are just gonna use xmp get a 6400c32 or 7200c34 kit, at the very least those will be reusable in the future when cpus start requiring 7200+ and they will perform better at xmp compared to a slow 5600c36 kit with crappy samsung ics

8 minutes ago, heylarry said:

Why it's bootleneck? And that RAM you placed is very rare it's seem, not one in my country 😞

What country are you located?

1 hour ago, Why_Me said:

Poland.

1 hour ago, Why_Me said:

By the way, does Corsair Vengeance Rgb Ddr5 32Gb 6000Mhz Cl30 sound fine?

59 minutes ago, heylarry said:

By the way, does Corsair Vengeance Rgb Ddr5 32Gb 6000Mhz Cl30 sound fine?

thatd also work but you might aswell go 6400c32 since the imc can do 6400 xmp consistently

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

as in theyre always pretty pricey compared to the competition, for the price of that rm750x you can get an 850w or for the price of the rm850x you can get 1000w for the same price

if you are just gonna use xmp get a 6400c32 or 7200c34 kit, at the very least those will be reusable in the future when cpus start requiring 7200+ and they will perform better at xmp compared to a slow 5600c36 kit with crappy samsung ics

Is ASUS Prime 850W Gold (the one from above) would be better? 

2 hours ago, jdhue said:

Is ASUS Prime 850W Gold (the one from above) would be better? 

looks to be significantly cheaper than other 10 year 850w (definitely cheaper than the rm750x) so the 8 year warranty is acceptable and the unit itself is gonna be fine like any other 850w

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

looks to be significantly cheaper than other 10 year 850w (definitely cheaper than the rm750x) so the 8 year warranty is acceptable and the unit itself is gonna be fine like any other 850w

So it ain't bad? BTW does Gold mean its auto A-tier PSU? 

So it ain't bad? BTW does Gold mean its auto A-tier PSU? 

obviously not considering the pgm exists but its a decent psu as most other 850w

btw if you use the psu tierlist tier a and b have no differentiators just incase you might be tempted to wate your money on an expensive a tier