Super Flower LEADEX VII Platinum PRO 1000W vs NZXT C1200 Gold (2023)

Tan3l6

Just wondering if either is more reliable or better. Both cost about the same.

I'm leaning towards NZXT after reading Hardware Busters reviews on both.

I edit my posts more often than not

5 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I'm leaning to NZXT after reading Hardware Busters reviews on both.

Yes C1000 (or 1200) is better in any way, both in noise, transient response etc.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT with custom 3D printed AIO mount, X62 | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15

9 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Hmm. Ok just found this, might wanna look at something else: 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT with custom 3D printed AIO mount, X62 | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15

20 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Hmm. Ok just found this, might wanna look at something else: 

Yeah, I read from Amazon some 1 star reviews to see what's the worst that could happen. Some are DOA.

But I think freak accidents can happen with almost any, even higher end PSUs. The safety features on higher end PSUs should keep them not happenening, but still.

30 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yeah, I read from Amazon some 1 star reviews to see what's the worst that could happen. Some are DOA.

But I think freak accidents can happen with almost any, even higher end PSUs.

True, but NZXT at least in my record doesn't  have the best PSU's. Haven't experienced them for years though, since working in a PC store. I would get a Corsair RM1000x Shift instead, also because the price is about the same.

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

True, but NZXT at least in my record doesn't  have the best PSU's. Haven't experienced them for years though, since working in a PC store. I would get a Corsair RM1000x Shift instead, also because the price is about the same.

Corsair RM1000x Shift is about 20€ more than both ones I asked about. And lacks 12VHPWR 12+4-pin connector, not a huge deal but still. Will consider.

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Corsair RM1000x Shift is about 20€ more than both of the one I asked about. And lacks 12VHPWR 12+4-pin connector, not a huge deal but still. Will consider.

Oh I totally missed that. Does corsair not have a PSU with that connector? 

11 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

OK, looked at Corsair page of RM1000x Shift, there it seems the 12VHPWR connector is present. So it's good.

11 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

OK, looked at Corsair page of RM1000x Shift, there it seems the 12VHPWR connector is present. So it's good.

Ok that's good. Didn't check it out properly. 😄 

46 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Not sure why so many people are obsessed with how the PSU side of the 12VHPWR cable looks like. The PSU side of any connector does not matter, and no PSU I'm aware of actually uses any of the pins other than connecting two of them to ground to indicate 600W capability. 

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

The Leadex has a bunch more SATA connectors, but other than that, the NZXT definitely looks like the better option. Although keep in mind both cut corners on the protections by omitting multi rail OCP, so unless you actually need that wattage, consider a lower wattage PSU. For a 4090 and a mainstream platform, 750-850W is already enough. The OCP and OPP is set really similarly on both (~120A and ~1400W), so there's no point going for the 1000W Leadex over the C1200 💀

For PSUs that lack multi rail OCP, try to get the best PSU with just enough wattage for your current system. For PSUs that have multi rail OCP, you can go ham with the PSU wattage, as long as you don't compromise on the PSU's performance/noise/whatever. 

:)

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Although keep in mind both cut corners on the protections by omitting multi rail OCP, so unless you actually need that wattage, consider a lower wattage PSU. For a 4090 and a mainstream platform, 750-850W is already enough.

How about Deepcool PQ850M? Costs ~75€ but is highly rated in the cultists tier list. Though it lacks the 12VHPWR 12+4-pin cable, that is not very big deal...

I think I'll go for Deepcool PQ850M.

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

Not sure why so many people are obsessed with how the PSU side of the 12VHPWR cable looks like. The PSU side of any connector does not matter, and no PSU I'm aware of actually uses any of the pins other than connecting two of them to ground to indicate 600W capability. 

The Leadex has a bunch more SATA connectors, but other than that, the NZXT definitely looks like the better option. Although keep in mind both cut corners on the protections by omitting multi rail OCP, so unless you actually need that wattage, consider a lower wattage PSU. For a 4090 and a mainstream platform, 750-850W is already enough. The OCP and OPP is set really similarly on both (~120A and ~1400W), so there's no point going for the 1000W Leadex over the C1200 💀

For PSUs that lack multi rail OCP, try to get the best PSU with just enough wattage for your current system. For PSUs that have multi rail OCP, you can go ham with the PSU wattage, as long as you don't compromise on the PSU's performance/noise/whatever. 

I was more interested if it got the cables for it. 

2 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

How about Deepcool PQ850M? Costs ~75€ but is highly rated in the cultists tier list. Though it lacks the 12VHPWR 12+4-pin cable, that is not very big deal...

I think I'll go for Deepcool PQ850M.

The fan seem loud. If its the same as the PQ850G (idk if it is)

https://hwbusters.com/psus/deepcool-pq850g-atx-v3-1-psu-review/

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

The fan seem loud. If its the same as the PQ850G (idk if it is)

https://hwbusters.com/psus/deepcool-pq850g-atx-v3-1-psu-review/

Strange I watched Hardware Busters video where the reviewer marked that the PQ850M is distinctly quiet, quieter than the competition:

Ah, it seems it's noticeably better than PQ850G

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Strange I watched Hardware Busters video where the reviewer marked that the PQ850M is distinctly quiet, quieter than the competition:

Good, there might be some differences between the two then. I would get it then. Its a good price!

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Good, there might be some differences between the two then. I would get it then. Its a good price!

Yup, 100€ cheaper than the Super Flower I already bought a month ago. Now I just need to sell that.

Cancelled the NZXT order and ordered Deepcool PSU.

Depcool PQ-M is based on the Seasonic Focus GX platform with the same cost savings. No hysteresis on the fancontrol, 18AWG PCIe cables instead of 16AWG, standard minifit jr PCIe connectors instead of HCS and a 40 degree C rating instead of 50.  And the Seasonic platform is already 8 years old. Not a good PSU for future upgrades.

6 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Good, there might be some differences between the two then. I would get it then.

Some differences? The OEMs are totally different! Seasonic vs Helly.

21 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Depcool PQ-M is based on the Seasonic Focus GX platform with the same cost savings. No hysteresis on the fancontrol, 18AWG PCIe cables instead of 16AWG, standard minifit jr PCIe connectors instead of HCS and a 40 degree C rating instead of 50.  And the Seasonic platform is already 8 years old. Not a good PSU for future upgrades.

Some differences? The OEMs are totally different! Seasonic vs Helly.

Well I'm betting on 9000X3D series, and waiting out on that. Not ever going to use the highest end GPUs anyway, max RTX 4080 or 5080 I think.

10 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Not ever going to use the highest end GPUs anyway, max RTX 4080 or 5080 I think.

That's pretty high end. Since you already have the Super Flower, just cancel the Deepcool. The SF is superiour by ATX3.x alone.

7 hours ago, --SID-- said:

That's pretty high end. Since you already have the Super Flower, just cancel the Deepcool. The SF is superiour by ATX3.x alone.

Well, the Deepcool already arrived. Will consider which one to keep in the future.