Plugging in 1 Fan to the unused cpu water pump fan connector

zeenoxious

Hi,

As far as Im aware of, the ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi has 3 Case Fan Connectors. I have 4 PWM Deepcool FK120 Fans and Im wondering if it is possible to plug in the 1 fan in the unused cpu water pump fan connector (listed on the asrock website)

Thanks

5 minutes ago, zeenoxious said:

Hi,

As far as Im aware of, the ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi has 3 Case Fan Connectors. I have 4 PWM Deepcool FK120 Fans and Im wondering if it is possible to plug in the 1 fan in the unused cpu water pump fan connector (listed on the asrock website)

Thanks

Sure u can it is až conn 

Amd Ryzen 5 5600 Zen 3 OC 4.6Ghz 

RTX 3070 gaming gigabyte 

32GB patriot 3600 MHz 

Casual gamer since dune 2 and wolf 3d and dukem nukem 3d

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/apokhallipsa/saved/j4rn23

Sure, the pump header is just a regular fan header.

The main difference is that it is typically designed to be able to provide more power than a normal fan header. E.g. a fan header might be able to provide up to 1A, while a pump header can usually provide up to 3A. So it can run a simple fan no problem.

It might also be set to 100% by default, since you want a pump to run at full speed by default. This will likely make the fan you connect rather loud. Check whether you can adjust the pump header's fan curve in the BIOS.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

9 hours ago, zeenoxious said:

Hi,

Thanks

Absolutely. I've done it and it's no problem. You can even attach more than one using a splitter or repeater, as long as the total current doesn't exceed the rating of the header. You'll need to check your manual - on my Asus TG H670 Pro Wifi D4, that header only gives 1A, but others give 2 or 3A. Do make sure that it is set to PWM or auto if you want PWM to be used. If it doesn't work right on auto, switch it to PWM.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂