Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x670E Pro Wifi;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900x;
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm.;
RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 5600mz (4 sticks);
GPU: MSI Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB;
Storage: Western Digital SN850X 1TB (Boot drive);
               Western Digital SN750 1TB;
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G+;

My PC takes around 1 minute 30 seconds, sometimes more to boot to windows log in, is this normal?
The Q-codes on my motherboard hangs on "15" for the first 55 seconds, then goes through a few really fast that I can't see, I think one was "19", another was "A0", and then goes back to "15" for a second and then goes through quite a few really fast. it then changes to showing the temperature, and then after a few seconds the windows login shows up.

I vary rarely see the bios splash screen at all, the first thing that actually shows in the Windows log in page (Unless I plug a HDMI directly into the motherboard and then I see the bios splash screen)

All drivers are up to date, bios is up to date
Nothing is overclocked
DOCP is enabled
Other than that and setting CPU fan low warning to ignore (Using AIO header), bios is stock with no changes.
Been this way since I got it (Around 2 weeks after AM5 CPU's were released)

Performance when it has booted is higher than average for the same parts (According to userbenchmark) and I don't have any other issues that I'm aware of.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Having a similar issue here.

My pc takes a minute to load, but before it was like 5 seconds. I see bios splash, post, windows boot logo, but slower boot speed.

The first thing I see on my monitor is the windows login, nothing before that shows (When plugged into the GPU, I can't even enter the BIOS unless I plug a HDMI directly into the mobo)
I just enabled Memory Context Restore is the bios and it taken it down from 1min 30 seconds, to 30 seconds, but I shouldn't have to enable that and that's still quite long for the specs.

Was there an update? Windows will autoupdate unless you specifically turned that feature off and if the computer was turned off while it was updating, it will continue the download and installation process once it was turned back on.

Now, if it happens again, tomorrow or the next time you boot the computer you have a problem, but if it only happens the once, its not.

There are changes that need to be done thru your power settings, to wake up a sleeping computer

1 hour ago, xNightWulf said:

My PC Specs:

My PC takes around 1 minute 30 seconds, sometimes more to boot to windows log in, is this normal?
The Q-codes on my motherboard hangs on "15" for the first 55 seconds, then goes through a few really fast that I can't see, I think one was "19", another was "A0", and then goes back to "15" for a second and then goes through quite a few really fast. it then changes to showing the temperature, and then after a few seconds the windows login shows up.

I vary rarely see the bios splash screen at all, the first thing that actually shows in the Windows log in page (Unless I plug a HDMI directly into the motherboard and then I see the bios splash screen)

Nothing is overclocked
DOCP is enabled
Other than that and setting CPU fan low warning to ignore (Using AIO header), bios is stock with no changes.

Performance when it has booted is higher than average for the same parts (According to userbenchmark) and I don't have any other issues that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, xNightWulf said:

My PC Specs:

Nothing is overclocked
DOCP is enabled

It may be caused by Windows updating itself. Some updates need to finish doing "housework" in order for the OS to recognize the changes and if the downloading was interrupted, it will continue the down load and installation process one the computer is rebooted or awaken from sleep.

If it happened only the one time, don't worry about it it's common. However if it happens again tomorrow, then the problem needs to be researched more.

11 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

It may be caused by Windows updating itself. Some updates need to finish doing "housework" in order for the OS to recognize the changes and if the downloading was interrupted, it will continue the down load and installation process one the computer is rebooted or awaken from sleep.

If it happened only the one time, don't worry about it it's common. However if it happens again tomorrow, then the problem needs to be researched more.

This happens every boot.

Every time, huh?

OK then, Go into Control Panel and look for Startup and right click it open

Here you should find a plethora of applications that the programmers think that you need to have autostart  instead of taking,  the couple of seconds that it will take you to click a button when necessary.  You'll see things like Microsoft Office, games you play, etc. As a general rule if you installed it it doesn't need to be availabe just after booting. I'd start with those and reboot to see if that made much of a difference.

Also some downloads like to install other applications without your consent. And a lot of them like to hide here so you never see them, you can turn them off too and go delete them.

Sounds like the issue is with the BIOS if all the boot time is before Windows starts loading.  I wouldn't worry about the windows settings.

There are options in the bios around memory training and quick boot.  If you have adjusted some of the settings that could be doing it..   Maybe try resetting the bios to defaults, leave DOCP off.  

13 hours ago, xNightWulf said:

longer than my 2007 Vista build, so no.

13 hours ago, xNightWulf said:

4 sticks

why?? 😭

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, xNightWulf said:

This happens every boot.

ok post  *full* screenshot(s) of your startup tab in taskmanager please  

10 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

Here you should find a plethora of applications that the programmers think that you need to have autostart  instead of taking,  the couple of seconds that it will take you to click a button when necessary.  You'll see things like Microsoft Office, games you play, etc

huh? 

20240606_122414.thumb.jpg.ed3f19c29b734d7db40e195e2a2efcd8.jpg

(yes I know it happens,  but it really should not, windows gives you all the options...) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 hours ago, xNightWulf said:

just enabled Memory Context Restore is the bios and it taken it down from 1min 30 seconds, to 30 seconds, but I shouldn't have to enable that and that's still quite long for the specs.

oh so you fixed it!? 😄 

well yes, you do, new'ish Ryzen platform,  4 sticks of RAM, 30 seconds sounds very reasonable...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

Every time, huh?

OK then, Go into Control Panel and look for Startup and right click it open

Here you should find a plethora of applications that the programmers think that you need to have autostart  instead of taking,  the couple of seconds that it will take you to click a button when necessary.  You'll see things like Microsoft Office, games you play, etc. As a general rule if you installed it it doesn't need to be availabe just after booting. I'd start with those and reboot to see if that made much of a difference.

Also some downloads like to install other applications without your consent. And a lot of them like to hide here so you never see them, you can turn them off too and go delete them.

Only apps that are on startup are LG Hub for my Microphone, Powerplay mouse mat and my mouse, Steelseries GG for my headset and Corsair iCue services (Not the actual application) for my AIO and fan speeds/RGB).

11 hours ago, Allan B said:

Sounds like the issue is with the BIOS if all the boot time is before Windows starts loading.  I wouldn't worry about the windows settings.

There are options in the bios around memory training and quick boot.  If you have adjusted some of the settings that could be doing it..   Maybe try resetting the bios to defaults, leave DOCP off.  

BIOS is default, apart from CPU low limit changed from 200rpm to ignore (As I'm not using the CPU fan header and have to turn this off to boot) and DOCP turned on, as I have 5600mhz with it on and 4800mhz with it off.

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

oh so you fixed it!? 😄 

well yes, you do, new'ish Ryzen platform,  4 sticks of RAM, 30 seconds sounds very reasonable...

Still can't access the bios without plugging a HDMI directly into the motherboard.