Dark Souls 2 modding

flown

Hi, I'll start with Dark Souls 2 soon and I want to use some mods to improve the graphical quality of the game.

I'd like to know which mods you are using, why and If you would recommend using mods at all.

I already did some resarch and found GeDoSaTo, Sweet FX and ENB as possible candidates. Which one would you use, can/should I use more than one of them and are there any better solutions available?

For the record: My PC is okay...ish and should run the game just fine but I haven't got the power to go all crazy about it.

I also wondered about the risk of getting VAC banned because of using mods in DS2... I don't really believe in it since those mods don't influence the games core data but I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic as well.

Why would you need to mod it? From my understanding it looks really good to begin with. Also are you worried about being banned from online features or from Steam? If it's the latter that won't happen, Valve is reluctant to ban someone from their Steam account and adding mods to your game is not something that would ruffle their feathers very much. If it's the former, it's very likely that even a graphical mod would lead to the banning of online features, some games allow them others do not. If DS2 has steam workshop support than you should be fine.

GeDoSaTo with the asmodean post processing:

GeDoSaTo with the Default post processing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1PmzvK2avo&list=UUeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

I use only GeDoSaTo with the asmodean post processing at 3360x1890 resolution. This is the highest res i can render at nd get 60fps.

The game looks beautiful in my opinion

As for the VAC ban:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/154482-dark-souls-ii-vac-bans-for-graphic-mods/?hl=vac+ban

Dont worry u wont get banned. I have 60hrs logged in (83hrs for my friend) playing with these mods nd nothing has happened.

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

Hi, I'll start with Dark Souls 2 soon and I want to use some mods to improve the graphical quality of the game.

I'd like to know which mods you are using, why and If you would recommend using mods at all.

I already did some resarch and found GeDoSaTo, Sweet FX and ENB as possible candidates. Which one would you use, can/should I use more than one of them and are there any better solutions available?

For the record: My PC is okay...ish and should run the game just fine but I haven't got the power to go all crazy about it.

I also wondered about the risk of getting VAC banned because of using mods in DS2... I don't really believe in it since those mods don't influence the games core data but I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic as well.

Gedosato, also works great with Unreal engine 3 games like Mass Effect series. Downsample from whatever your GPU can go. All that matters is GPU. Might be 1440p, might be 4 k, might be 8 k. Depends on the GPU power you have. Basically there is no such thing as "Ultra settings" anymore. Downsampling can make mediocre textures look good and fix a consolitis port. Higher AA/AF can be put on through the Nvidia control Panel or AMD software just like all game, if they don't have the option.

No you won't be banned for gedosato. I have heard rumours that DSFIX for Dark Souls 1 got people banned when they used the ini to bypass the 30 fps cap, but Dark Souls 2 runs past that. All you are doing with gedosato is running the game at a higher resolution internally and putting it on a lower res screen. 

SweetFX/ENB? People even love it or hate it. Maybe it is because some people play on IPS and some don't. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.