Not sure which monitor to buy.

HotRunes

Hi there,

I currently own two 27 inch monitors, a Cooler Master Tempest GP27Q and an Asus XG27WQ, which I have been running together for nine months or so.

I want to upgrade to either an ultrawide, or super ultrawide OLED panel. Now I'm not quite sure which monitor to go for. My budget is around £1000. I mainly game on my PC, 90 percent of the time, so that's the main use. I've got a 7800X3D CPU and 4080 GPU, so I guess I can go either way with 1440p or 4K.

Can I please get some recommendations?

Thank you.

4K models are out of your price range, except the last-gen 42" and 48" models.

If you want to stick with regular monitor sizes, you still have the choice between 27" 1440p 240Hz and 34" 1440p 175Hz ultrawide models. What's more important to you, ultrawide or higher refresh rate?

It basically comes down to these two models:

Alienware AW3423DWF 34.2" 3440 x 1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor (AW3423DWF) - PCPartPicker

Asus ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM 26.5" 2560 x 1440 240 Hz Monitor (90LM08Q0-B01AB0) - PCPartPicker

Dell Alienware AW3423DWF vs ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison - RTINGS.com

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'd say ultrawide is more important, I'm pretty happy with 144/175MHz refresh, as I don't tend to play many competitive multiplayer games.

18 minutes ago, HotRunes said:

I'd say ultrawide is more important, I'm pretty happy with 144/175MHz refresh, as I don't tend to play many competitive multiplayer games.

I edited my previous post. The models I mentioned are basically the go-to monitors under £1000. You don't get significant upgrades by buying closer to your maximum budget. The next significant uprade would be 32" 4K 240hz, but these start around £1250.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.