Draytek Vigor2762

Yosh1

Hi guys,

Currently looking to replace a Draytek vigor 2762 as it appears it has reached the end of its life in terms of firmware. 

Can you you recommend a replacement product? 

Currently have configured one of the RJ45 ports to work with VDSL FTTP connections (an update is long overdue I feel).

Thanks 

vigor 2766 seems to be the most direct replacement.

but.. is there a reason you're replacing it other than not getting any more firmware updates?

13 minutes ago, manikyath said:

vigor 2766 seems to be the most direct replacement.

but.. is there a reason you're replacing it other than not getting any more firmware updates?

Noticed firmware updates stopped in 2023. As it's for a small business I didn't really want old hardware running. 

It depends on what you are using it for. 

Do you use it as an xDSL modem? Do you have the Wi-Fi model? Do you use the VPN client? 

Would it be difficult to replace with something from another brand? 

You could get the replacement model from Draytek, or you could start looking into alternatives from for example Fortinet. It is possible than even a Ubiquiti dream machine could work, depending on the site and their needs. 

On 5/11/2024 at 11:29 AM, LAwLz said:

It depends on what you are using it for. 

Do you use it as an xDSL modem? Do you have the Wi-Fi model? Do you use the VPN client? 

Would it be difficult to replace with something from another brand? 

You could get the replacement model from Draytek, or you could start looking into alternatives from for example Fortinet. It is possible than even a Ubiquiti dream machine could work, depending on the site and their needs. 

Yes it being used as a modem. It's not the wifi model as the TP-Link Deco mesh system is currently installed so that handles the Wi-Fi. VPN client isn't required.

I have been looking at the Ubiquiti stuff actually. 

12 hours ago, Yosh1 said:

Yes it being used as a modem.

When it comes to modems its best to contact the ISP and see what they support. I just know that some ISP's can be particular about what they will allow. My ISP has a decent sized list of retail modems they allow for example.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.