Came back from vacation and 1 of the 3 fans on my Gigabyte 3080 gaming oc is almost always stuck at 100% speed

Pretty much like the title said. Normally my computer stays on pretty much all the time (of course goes in sleep mode when not in use) and I had no problem with the card prior to this. I recently went on vacation so I turned the pc off. Around 10 days later I came back and when i powered the pc back on, instantly one of the fans on my graphic card started spinning up and running at 100%. I tried to update the nvidia drivers and restart the pc multiple time with no luck stil running at 100% no matter what from the moment the pc is powered on (so before windows). I tried to control the fans with msi afterburner and nothing, stays at 100%. the fan will occasionnally slow down for a few seconds before spinning right back up to full speed (and it's normal behavious for the other 2 fans). I turned off the pc for the night and came back to it today.

Now today, when i started the pc at first the fan wasn't spinning (i thought success...), and then it started to spin up a little, then stop, then spin back up longer and then stop again. And right now, the fan will spin back up for a fews second to a minute before stopping again for a moment and then the same again, the fan really seems "unstable" and is about to go full speed at any moment.

I fear that this might be a hardware problem? What can been done. Is there a chance it's software related?

To note, I bought this card new in late 2020, and in 2021 I successfully changed the thermal pads on the card, so even if I don't really remember how(I'm the follow the tutorial only type of thinkerer), I'm technically able to open the card up to check the fan, and I was thinking, at the very least I would disconnect the fan cable and let the card run with 2 fans instead of 3, my case is pretty well ventilated, theres 2 big ass fan at the bottom that blow air directly on the card (fractal design torrent). And then see what can be done to repair the fan, maybe even send it to a shop to save me the hassle of changing the fan if it's not too expensive.

thanks for the help!

maybe the fan connector has poor contact.

but that wouldn't explain the 100% (or would it ?)

I'd replug the fan connector

And if this doesn't help, I'd try with fan control.

You should be able to see somewhere the discrepancy between set value and is value

I'm willing to swim against the current.