Got a new GPU and the DP ports dont work

so ive just recently got a factory new GPU a rx 7600 and when i turned my pc on it booted like normal but i didnt get a video output so i tried using Hdmi instead of DP and it gave a ouput, now because im considering to get a second monitor i need help, hoping my GPU isnt defect, it could aslo be the cable im using but im not entirely sure.

the cable i was using before was a Dvi to DP and worked ok till now, it survived a little accident, i had accidentally spilled soda on and in my pc in the past, now im using a Dvi to HDMI

Try to find a different DP cable to try first

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 馃

Unplug the monitor from the power for 2 minutes. While powered off unplug the DP cable from the monitor. Power up the monitor, plug the DP cable back into the monitor. This is assuming you are now using a traditional DP cable and not a HDMI-Display Port or DVI to Display Port cable.聽

6 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Unplug the monitor from the power for 2 minutes. While powered off unplug the DP cable from the monitor. Power up the monitor, plug the DP cable back into the monitor. This is assuming you are now using a traditional DP cable and not a HDMI-Display Port or DVI to Display Port cable.聽

my monitor is connectet with Dvi and the DP is plugged into my GPU