Ram failure help

So to make a long story short I have 4 8GB sticks of g-skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL 18 in my PC... well had. Now i'm down to 2 sticks. I'm not sure how but 2 of my sticks failed. The strange thing is first I bought 16GB and then a few months later added another 16GB kit. The weird thing is that 1 stick from both kits failed. The other weird thing is that both sticks that failed were in the same slot/channel. I've personally never had ram fail on me before but this seems quite odd. It seems like something about the sticks being in the specific slots caused them to fail however I cant see why that would be the case. I figured the sticks that failed would likely be from the same kit... maybe they were marginal from the factory and gave up after a few years but it seems odd that one from each kit would fail and that they wouldn't be from the same kit. I'm mildly worried that there's something wrong with my ram slots or the memory controller on my 5800X but I have no idea how to know for sure. I ran a memory test and figured out what sticks were bad. Now i'm just running the good sticks in the slots the motherboard recommends I use.

Should I replace the dead ram? I don't want to replace it and have it fail again. Maybe I should buy a new 16GB X2 kit and use that instead? Yall think this is just a coincidence or possible bad memory controller?

Suggestions?

Also if anyone wants more info feel free to ask. Just curious to know what you guys think.

Edited by orangecat
typo