After HW upgrade and Disc clonning Windows won't boot

Abaris
Go to solution Solved by aren332,
16 minutes ago, Abaris said:

As the title says, I upgraded MOBO, CPU and RAM.

I also added a new M.2.

Some suggested to use Clonezilla to clone my existing 500GB SSD to the new 1TB NVME.

Now Windows 10 won't boot from any drive and the disc media is not repairing the partition.

What are my options here? Install a fresh Windows 11 to the NVME(if that is even possible) and mount the old SSD and move things manually?

Or is there a trick for the windows repair to actually work?

PXL_20240423_005214326.jpg

changing your motherboard cpu and ram usually requires a fresh windows install. your old windows install was adapted for your old motherboard, its not for the new one. Keep your old windows install on the old 500gb ssd, unplug it while installing fresh windows onto ur nvme, plug it back in after and copy any data u need.

I also added a new M.2.

Some suggested to use Clonezilla to clone my existing 500GB SSD to the new 1TB NVME.

Now Windows 10 won't boot from any drive and the disc media is not repairing the partition.

What are my options here? Install a fresh Windows 11 to the NVME(if that is even possible) and mount the old SSD and move things manually?

16 minutes ago, Abaris said:

I also added a new M.2.

changing your motherboard cpu and ram usually requires a fresh windows install. your old windows install was adapted for your old motherboard, its not for the new one. Keep your old windows install on the old 500gb ssd, unplug it while installing fresh windows onto ur nvme, plug it back in after and copy any data u need.

21 minutes ago, aren332 said:

Bummer... Well of to get a Windows 11 license key then.

Thank you!