CPU overheating, cooler CPU or mobo problem?

I am having problems with my CPU overheating.

Built 9 years ago and AIO changed 1.5 years ago. 

Firstly specs: 

GPU: GTX 1080ti
CPU: intel 8700k 
RAM: 16GB TridentZ RGB 3800Mhz
Watercooler: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB (6fans push pull) 

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming 

I think that the AIO is the problem as I cant think of a reason the CPU would heat up this much. At idle its around 70-80C and when loading anything it goes to 90-100C (checking temps with HW monitor). 

I can feal the very start of the AIO tube warm and the return at room temp. The pump header is at the AIO_PUMP of the mobo which is set to PWM at 100% no mater the temps. 

Normally I could overclock the CPU to 5-5.1GHz but went back to normal mode when problem started. 

This has happened 3 times now last times after a couple of days it gets back to normal with idle temps at 40-50C and peak at 80C with playing + streaming or other programs. 

If I unplug and replug the AIO_PUMP header I hear the wind of the pump for a bit and then it seems to stop so I think the AIO pump is probably the problem. 

Is there a way to confirm this? Or anything else I can do to troubleshoot or fix it? The AIO is still under warranty but I would need to send it to the reseller that will send it to EK for confirmation that its the problem and if not they will charge me for all the transport costs. As the problem appears and disappears seemingly after some time I am a bit scared to do this to not loose the money. Also I would not be able to use my pc while all of this is happening...

Any help appreciated!!! 

39 minutes ago, CHaSeDKnave said:

I am having problems with my CPU overheating.

Built 9 years ago and AIO changed 1.5 years ago. 

Firstly specs: 

GPU: GTX 1080ti
CPU: intel 8700k 
RAM: 16GB TridentZ RGB 3800Mhz
Watercooler: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB (6fans push pull) 

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming 

I think that the AIO is the problem as I cant think of a reason the CPU would heat up this much. At idle its around 70-80C and when loading anything it goes to 90-100C (checking temps with HW monitor). 

I can feal the very start of the AIO tube warm and the return at room temp. The pump header is at the AIO_PUMP of the mobo which is set to PWM at 100% no mater the temps. 

Normally I could overclock the CPU to 5-5.1GHz but went back to normal mode when problem started. 

This has happened 3 times now last times after a couple of days it gets back to normal with idle temps at 40-50C and peak at 80C with playing + streaming or other programs. 

If I unplug and replug the AIO_PUMP header I hear the wind of the pump for a bit and then it seems to stop so I think the AIO pump is probably the problem. 

Is there a way to confirm this? Or anything else I can do to troubleshoot or fix it? The AIO is still under warranty but I would need to send it to the reseller that will send it to EK for confirmation that its the problem and if not they will charge me for all the transport costs. As the problem appears and disappears seemingly after some time I am a bit scared to do this to not loose the money. Also I would not be able to use my pc while all of this is happening...

Any help appreciated!!! 

Does the pump output any RPM when this is happening? I am also suspecting that the pump is failing leading to the higher temps as there is no liquid circulation. You should ask EK first as they might send you a shipping label to send it back to them for checking, this should take a lesser time than RMA'ing via a middleman (Dealer).

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

5 hours ago, Tech Reprise said:

Does the pump output any RPM when this is happening? I am also suspecting that the pump is failing leading to the higher temps as there is no liquid circulation. You should ask EK first as they might send you a shipping label to send it back to them for checking, this should take a lesser time than RMA'ing via a middleman (Dealer).

In the bios it's reporting 3400rpm+. And the temps are still high.

PXL_20240422_221742576.MP.jpg

7 hours ago, CHaSeDKnave said:

In the bios it's reporting 3400rpm+. And the temps are still high.

PXL_20240422_221742576.MP.jpg

Reapply the thermal paste and check again or Do you have another AM4 tha you can borrow for testing the CPU?
If not then RMA the cooler, most likely the microfins on the copper plate are clogged leading to less cooling. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz