ROG Strix LC III 360 ARG AIO What should the pump speed be?

Orodruin
Hello everyone;

I'm using Asus ROG Strix LC III 360 ARGB Liquid Cooling with my 7900X3D processor and ROG Strix B650E-E motherboard.

I was previously using the 1st generation of this model. And when using it, I always used it in DC mode and at full speed with the Pump speed setting.

Now, in this new model, the Pump speed technical document states that it operates in the range of 800-2800RPM. And when I do Calibration from the motherboard's QFAN menu, it manually configures the pump speed to operate between 2600 and 2800. There are also Silent/Normal/Turbo options.

What adjustment do you recommend I make for the pump speed? Many people recommend using a Constant speed on the internet. Some people also say that using the processor at full speed when it is not under load is unnecessary and will shorten the working life of the pump.

What do you think is the best setting for me to make?
I would be very happy if you could give me information about this.

AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI | ASUS ROG STRIX LC III 360 ARGB | G.SKILL TridentZ5 NEO RGB 2X24GB 6400Mhz CL32 | ASUS TUF Radeon RX 7800XT | Asus ROG Strix SCOPE | Asus ROG GLADIUS II CORE | XPG SX8200PRO 2x2TB nVME | XPG SX8100 2x2TB nVME | Corsair RM1000x Shift 80+ Gold | Corsair 5000D Case

On 4/22/2024 at 6:15 AM, Orodruin said:

it manually configures the pump speed to operate between 2600 and 2800.

I'm pretty sure you meant automatically, right?

Set it to maximum speed, or down to a low as 70% if there is too much noise, but keeping an eye on temps during heavy activity. Variable speed and the pump being in the block will decrease the pump faster. 

Worried about the pump dying? Put your PC to sleep when not in use. 

All pumps die. some people know how to do maintenance on them. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂