iPhone 5c backlight

So I have an old iPhone 5c that needed a battery replacement so I bought an i fix it kit and all went smoothly. Later on, I took the phon apart again and I forgot to unplug the battery before removing the screen and now the backlight is broken, it appears to be the main board that I broke and I wanted to know if it is possible to fix it and if so wether I should do it or just take it to a repair shop. Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, Milesqqw2 said:

So I have an old iPhone 5c that needed a battery replacement so I bought an i fix it kit and all went smoothly. Later on, I took the phon apart again and I forgot to unplug the battery before removing the screen and now the backlight is broken, it appears to be the main board that I broke and I wanted to know if it is possible to fix it and if so wether I should do it or just take it to a repair shop. Thanks in advance.

It's certainly possible, but the iPhone 5C is stuck on iOS 10 since it's from all the way back in 2013. Still, if you want to take a crack at it, tada!

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5c+LCD+and+Digitizer+Replacement/22872

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

It's certainly possible, but the iPhone 5C is stuck on iOS 10 since it's from all the way back in 2013. Still, if you want to take a crack at it, tada!

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5c+LCD+and+Digitizer+Replacement/22872

So do you think it is the screen that is broke, not the board, because I did try it with a different screen and that didn’t work either. I probably should be a bit clearer with what I mean by broken, it does display an image but it is so dim that I need to shine a light on it to see it. I also should mention that I also replaced the screen at the same time as the battery.

14 minutes ago, Milesqqw2 said:

So do you think it is the screen that is broke, not the board, because I did try it with a different screen and that didn’t work either. I probably should be a bit clearer with what I mean by broken, it does display an image but it is so dim that I need to shine a light on it to see it. I also should mention that I also replaced the screen at the same time as the battery.

so it still displays normally and i assume touch works normally but its very dim?

tried raising brightness from ios?

otherwise probably just faulty screen and i dont think those should break from just battery being plugged in cause if the phones off it should be fine

16 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

so it still displays normally and i assume touch works normally but its very dim?

tried raising brightness from ios?

otherwise probably just faulty screen and i dont think those should break from just battery being plugged in cause if the phones off it should be fine

Yes it does display normally and does register touch, it is just so dim that I can’t see without shining a bright light on it, I did try changing the brightness but nothing changed, and it is not a faulty screen because I have tried 2 other screens and they still have the same problem.

Also while I am asking you guys, I have another iPhone 5c that says i need to connect to iTunes, no problem I just connnect it to a mac and wipe the phone, only problem is that the factory reset keeps failing and giving me a weird error code, if I can find the code I will give it to you guys, but is there anyway to factory reset the phone other than the ways I already tried?