Z390 Aorus Ultra - 8700K - Overclock individual cores

Anyone with experience in using Bios F11 for Z390 Aorus Ultra?

I am getting a stable 4.7ghz at 1.26v but am somehow forced to keep multicore enhancement on. If I turn it off, becomes unstable. I am using OCCT for stability testing.

When I overclock beyond 4.7, core #3 keeps giving an error. Is there any way I can manually overclock like this:
Core1 : 5ghz,

Core2 : 4.7ghz

Core3 : 4.7ghz

Core4 : 4.7ghz

Core5 : 4.7ghz

Core6 : 4.7ghz

I am primarily using this system for gaming\media\entertainment and light office workloads (MS Office, Teams chat, Zoom, etc.)

Kindly help.

Just change the "CPU Core Ratio" option from "sync all cores" to the other option that says manual or individual or something like that. Then it will let you adjust each core manually. But why are you forced to keep Multi Core Enhancement off? There is nothing stopping you from turning it off.

But also, I don't really see you driving much value out of overclocking that one core to 5ghz even if you have just bought a much better GPU. You'll just be driving an old CPU a little hotter.

Spoiler

When people don't do the math,..you can seem to think a few hundred MHZ makes a huge difference), it did 20 years ago when all you had was 600Mhz not say..up to 6000Mhz, with heaps already on the table,...the percent or few percent for extra voltages/heat isn't worth it,..not so much today.

BASELINE IPC is what it is, a faster architecture is where the wanted gains are.

I dicked around with a 4790K for ages, all for a tiny bit of performance with much higher temperatures.
The biggest gains for my games was RAM tuning, the CPU itself between 4.5Ghz and 4.8Ghz wasn't something I'd write home about.

5000/4700=1.06% and the voltages to get it so,..make it warmer.

Windows will shift workloads around the cores typically as well,.. I'd just be happy with 4.7Ghz to be honest and the cooler/quieter operation at less voltages.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

Just change the "CPU Core Ratio" option from "sync all cores" to the other option that says manual or individual or something like that. Then it will let you adjust each core manually. But why are you forced to keep Multi Core Enhancement off? There is nothing stopping you from turning it off.

But also, I don't really see you driving much value out of overclocking that one core to 5ghz even if you have just bought a much better GPU. You'll just be driving an old CPU a little hotter.

Thanks! This board does not have that option. Searched everywhere 😥

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When people don't do the math,..you can seem to think a few hundred MHZ makes a huge difference), it did 20 years ago when all you had was 600Mhz not say..up to 6000Mhz, with heaps already on the table,...the percent or few percent for extra voltages/heat isn't worth it,..not so much today.

BASELINE IPC is what it is, a faster architecture is where the wanted gains are.

I dicked around with a 4790K for ages, all for a tiny bit of performance with much higher temperatures.
The biggest gains for my games was RAM tuning, the CPU itself between 4.5Ghz and 4.8Ghz wasn't something I'd write home about.

5000/4700=1.06% and the voltages to get it so,..make it warmer.

Windows will shift workloads around the cores typically as well,.. I'd just be happy with 4.7Ghz to be honest and the cooler/quieter operation at less voltages.

Makes a lot of sense. Running 4.7ghz at 1.26v now. Passed all stability tests.

9 hours ago, Vibes NoVibes said:

Thanks! This board does not have that option. Searched everywhere 😥

9 hours ago, Vibes NoVibes said:

Makes a lot of sense. Running 4.7ghz at 1.26v now. Passed all stability tests.

Btw, I forgot to mention. This build was done in 2018 and only recently when I started facing FPS issues with some games is when I started researching overclocking. For context, I play on a 1440p ultrawide.