I MAY HAVE PCIE WIFI CARD , Can i Use it in my new PC

Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

You could make that work in a PCIe slot with a passive adapter, but that card only runs at 802.11N speeds. 

A PCIe AC600 or AC1200 WiFi card will be much faster, and shouldn't cost much more.

the pcie wifi card in first 2 image is intel celeron 1000 from my old laptop dell inspiron n5010 , it is half pcie card and it seems it have 2 sockets to attach , similarly 3rd image shows my new pc's pcie slot that also have 2 sockets so i think that instead of buying a costly(for me) wifi card , i just swap these and if needed for old pc i have the usb wifi adaptor ill use that but i want to be sure that there both things work with each other and i can do this without causing any damage to my new system

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 11.47.26_3483845b.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 11.47.26_da1e7366.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 11.47.26_f42804da.jpg

Your antic style laptop shows an "M.KEY" wi-fi card typically soldered to two signal pin-outs. The picture is showing a x1 PCI-E slot. So no go, no fit.

Just buy a cheap PCI-E card for wi-fi / BT. TP-Link makes some.

You could make that work in a PCIe slot with a passive adapter, but that card only runs at 802.11N speeds. 

A PCIe AC600 or AC1200 WiFi card will be much faster, and shouldn't cost much more.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.