Good high end mechanical wireless TKL keyboard ?

I have a Logitech G915TKL (Tactile), and well I'm a bit bored of it after 2 years, it gets dirty, hard to clean, some keys get randomly stuck/double input (atm space key doubles, Return is stuck unless pushing it hard 馃槥 ) , and low profile isn't really my thing for typing

Not yet motivated enough for a custom KB, too much work and cost, but you can can try to convince me 馃槢

Sooo I'm seeking a new high end mechanical keyboard that has to be

• TKL (cause my desk is small, but I need the navigation keys)
  • Wireless (no desk clutter)
  • Would like it to have high battery life, my G915 has like 100 hours, can do with a bit less tho 馃檪
  • White (whole setup is white)
  • Hot swappable is a plus
  • I'm not really proficient in "clickiness" level, want one that clicks but not too loud 馃檪
  • No budget but I don't think any KB should be more than 250EUR
  • No Corsair preferrably, I hate ICue

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

and well I'm a bit bored of it after 2 years, it gets dirty, hard to clean, some keys get randomly stuck/double input (atm space key doubles, Return is stuck unless pushing it hard 馃槥 )

is it still in warranty? it's got a 2 year warranty so there's no harm in claiming that i guess

I'm not really proficient in "clickiness" level, want one that clicks but not too loud 馃檪

were the brown keys on the Logitech a good noise and feel? i.e. would you like to stick with brown keys like the logitech's

• Would like it to have high battery life, my G915 has like 100 hours, can do with a bit less tho 馃檪
  • I'm not really proficient in "clickiness" level, want one that clicks but not too loud 馃檪

have a look at these聽

Logitech G715 RGB Wired/Wireless/Bluetooth Gaming Keyboard (920-010687) - PCPartPicker

this one has red keys but check the sound test below to see if you like the sound -聽Cooler Master CK721 RGB Bluetooth/Wireless/Wired Gaming Keyboard (CK-721-SKTR1-US) - PCPartPicker

Are there any other online websites you use to find peripherals? (apart from amazon)

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help聽

Current parts list:聽

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

9 minutes ago, filpo said:

is it still in warranty? it's got a 2 year warranty so there's no harm in claiming that i guess

were the brown keys on the Logitech a good noise and feel? i.e. would you like to stick with brown keys like the logitech's

have a look at these聽

Logitech G715 RGB Wired/Wireless/Bluetooth Gaming Keyboard (920-010687) - PCPartPicker

this one has red keys but check the sound test below to see if you like the sound -聽Cooler Master CK721 RGB Bluetooth/Wireless/Wired Gaming Keyboard (CK-721-SKTR1-US) - PCPartPicker

Are there any other online websites you use to find peripherals? (apart from amazon)

The Logitech G715聽 is pretty girly but looks nice聽 indeed 馃檪

But the CM one is 60% not TKL/75%,聽 will聽 look if there is a TKL version

I can use any French seller (LDLC, Materiel.Net, FNAC, Darty..)

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

The Logitech G715聽 is pretty girly but looks nice聽 indeed 馃檪

馃槀

its the only one meeting all the criteria, you can just not use the cloud wrist rest

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

But the CM one is 60% not TKL/75%,聽 will聽 look if there is a TKL version

Oh sorry, I didn鈥檛 see that

Does it not still have the navigation keys? If not check the CK720

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help聽

Current parts list:聽

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

5 hours ago, PDifolco said:

So you will most likely also want AZERTY, correct?

That would make the list much shorter, almost all more higher-end or custom boards are in ANSI, for whatever reason. There are a few exceptions that can be converted though.

For an AZERTY case: https://keychron.fr/products/keychron-q3-qmk-custom-mechanical-keyboard-iso-layout-collection is the ISO version, for white you would need to take the barebones version and buy your own switches and keycaps (can be bought on the same website, you'd just need to plug them in).

As stated previously, with ANSI (US layout) you have far more options.

For switches, there are a huge variety to chose from, but the first question is: linear, tactile, or clicky?

• Linear switches have no bump or anything, they press down evenly until you hit the bottom-out. halfway through the switch actuates, i.e. 2mm travel and it registers, after 4mm total travel you hit the bottom. Very smooth feeling. Commonly referred to as "red" switches and marketed to gamers, but that is just marketing.
  • Tactile switches have a little 'bump' built in, meaning while you press down you get a tactile feedback for when you actuate the switch. Little to no extra noise is generated over linear switches.
    • There are a few different sub-types of tactile, the regular "Cherry MX brown" style, and the strong tactiles with a very early bump like the Boba U4T or Gateron Baby Kangaroo (Holy Pandas apparently as well, haven't tried them myself yet, but these are the stereotypical ones apparently).
  • "Clicky" switches have an extra mechanism in them that provided both a distinct tactile feeling and audible 'click' when actuated. This can be really loud, but some people really like this.

Now, apart from that mechanical keyboards always do "clack" when the switch bottoms out or returns to the rest position, simply because the plastic stem in them hits the housing. There are extra "silent" switches with built-in dampener pads, making them feel somewhat mushier than the stock version.

Go to recommendations for new people is to just walk into a big store and try some out. If you like the linear red switches but think they feel too light, look for "black" or "yellow" switches (e.g. Cherry MX black or Gateron G Pro 3.0 Black / Yellow).

Switch testers also exist, where you buy a variety pack of like 16-32 switches from a specific manufacturer.

1 hour ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

So you will most likely also want AZERTY, correct?

That would make the list much shorter, almost all more higher-end or custom boards are in ANSI, for whatever reason. There are a few exceptions that can be converted though.

For an AZERTY case: https://keychron.fr/products/keychron-q3-qmk-custom-mechanical-keyboard-iso-layout-collection is the ISO version, for white you would need to take the barebones version and buy your own switches and keycaps (can be bought on the same website, you'd just need to plug them in).

As stated previously, with ANSI (US layout) you have far more options.

For switches, there are a huge variety to chose from, but the first question is: linear, tactile, or clicky?

• Linear switches have no bump or anything, they press down evenly until you hit the bottom-out. halfway through the switch actuates, i.e. 2mm travel and it registers, after 4mm total travel you hit the bottom. Very smooth feeling. Commonly referred to as "red" switches and marketed to gamers, but that is just marketing.
  • Tactile switches have a little 'bump' built in, meaning while you press down you get a tactile feedback for when you actuate the switch. Little to no extra noise is generated over linear switches.
    • There are a few different sub-types of tactile, the regular "Cherry MX brown" style, and the strong tactiles with a very early bump like the Boba U4T or Gateron Baby Kangaroo (Holy Pandas apparently as well, haven't tried them myself yet, but these are the stereotypical ones apparently).
  • "Clicky" switches have an extra mechanism in them that provided both a distinct tactile feeling and audible 'click' when actuated. This can be really loud, but some people really like this.

Now, apart from that mechanical keyboards always do "clack" when the switch bottoms out or returns to the rest position, simply because the plastic stem in them hits the housing. There are extra "silent" switches with built-in dampener pads, making them feel somewhat mushier than the stock version.

Go to recommendations for new people is to just walk into a big store and try some out. If you like the linear red switches but think they feel too light, look for "black" or "yellow" switches (e.g. Cherry MX black or Gateron G Pro 3.0 Black / Yellow).

Switch testers also exist, where you buy a variety pack of like 16-32 switches from a specific manufacturer.

Thanks for the tips !

Yet I see no wireless white-ish models in their plethorean offering, in which I'm pretty lost, series Q K V whatever with 5 models each 馃槷

Which model would you recommend (barebone Q3 isn't available) ?

43 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

V and Q series are wired only, but the Q/V/K PRO and MAX series are wireless (Pro BT only, MAX is the latest with BT and 2.4 GHz).

There whole lineup basically divides in a few categories:

• K: original "high end" prebuilds, wired and BT, hotswap optional. Good keyboards, but overtaken by everything else since
  • Q series: custom level keyboards with full metal cases. No wireless and rather bare on the acoustic side, but great for modding and to work on.
  • V series: the cheaper Q series, with full ABS cases instead of metal
  • K Pro: A mix of K and V series, more on the custom side but with wireless (BT)
  • Q Pro: Q with bluetooth and more foam.
  • Q Max: Q with Bt and 2.4 GHz and even more foam
  • V MAX: basically V Pro but upgraded

The lineup is also roughly sorted chronologically, so you can see that they more or less improved their previous series, but instead of replacing them, they just kept them and added new ones. L is technically a different brand, C series is the wired only equivalent to the old K series. C Pro is their new budget soldered version, I think.

If you are willing to spend the money and can find it in stock, look for the Q3 MAX in ISO. K Pro should also be wireless, but not in white I'm afraid.

https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-q3-max-qmk-via-wireless-custom-mechanical-keyboard

However, currently I only see that in ANSI, unfortunately.

V and Q series are wired only, but the Q/V/K PRO and MAX series are wireless (Pro BT only, MAX is the latest with BT and 2.4 GHz).

There whole lineup basically divides in a few categories:

• K: original "high end" prebuilds, wired and BT, hotswap optional. Good keyboards, but overtaken by everything else since
  • Q series: custom level keyboards with full metal cases. No wireless and rather bare on the acoustic side, but great for modding and to work on.
  • V series: the cheaper Q series, with full ABS cases instead of metal
  • K Pro: A mix of K and V series, more on the custom side but with wireless (BT)
  • Q Pro: Q with bluetooth and more foam.
  • Q Max: Q with Bt and 2.4 GHz and even more foam
  • V MAX: basically V Pro but upgraded

The lineup is also roughly sorted chronologically, so you can see that they more or less improved their previous series, but instead of replacing them, they just kept them and added new ones. L is technically a different brand, C series is the wired only equivalent to the old K series. C Pro is their new budget soldered version, I think.

If you are willing to spend the money and can find it in stock, look for the Q3 MAX in ISO. K Pro should also be wireless, but not in white I'm afraid.

https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-q3-max-qmk-via-wireless-custom-mechanical-keyboard

However, currently I only see that in ANSI, unfortunately.

Ok thanks

I want 2.4GHz, BT is kinda crap latency wise

Q3 Max seems fine but no way to make it an AZERTY board... that I need, my typing experience is AZERTY since ages now 馃槢

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

but no way to make it an AZERTY board... that I need, my typing experience is AZERTY since ages now 馃槢

In that case your best option is to look for a ISO keyboard/barebones kit and buy the AZERTY kit separately. ISO is already rare in that space, but AZERTY is even rarer. Plus that in white will be challenging.

You might have better chances by also considering 75% or even ~68% boards, a lot more options in that space nowadays as well. Like the Zoom75 (out of stock currently, GB ended a while ago) which supports both ANSI and ISO layouts in the same kit.

https://meletrix.com/products/zoom75-essential-edition-white-1

Downside is that these are a lot more expensive.

Another option then would be GMMK, they offer a white 65% version. https://www.gloriousgaming.com/products/gmmk2

An ISO Ducky One 3 TKL could also be an option, if you find it.

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Thanks for the tips !

Yet I see no wireless white-ish models in their plethorean offering, in which I'm pretty lost, series Q K V whatever with 5 models each 馃槷

I would choose one of the AZERTY / France Max options for the 2.4Ghz dongle, and then take apart the keyboard and spray paint it white. Keychron (and other modern enthusiast boards) are very easy to take apart.

We live in the age of YouTube having tutorials for everything - spray painting is quick and easy.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Think my only option is the G715, no way to find anything TKL Wireless 2.4GHz whitish and AZERTY with Keychron (even using a barebone and AZERTY caps, one or the other always are out of stock for the models I want...)

Glorious don't even have French AZERTY, most other brands neither or no 2.4GHz, or can't be found in France...

Not keen either for manual painting, I'm sure it'll look like sh#t 馃槢

55 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Glorious don't even have French AZERTY

Yes, but you can simply buy any ISO layout and put AZERTY keycaps on it. That might already give you more options, but if you look for white and AZERTY-pre-build, then it does get pretty thin.

Have a look at the Ducky One 3 TKL:

https://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/One3-RGB-TKL-PureWhite

It does come in TKL ISO versions, here is the ISO-DE version. You should be able to find it either in ISO-FR or just buy white ISO-FR keycaps.

https://www.caseking.de/ducky-one-3-classic-pure-white-tkl-gaming-tastatur-rgb-led-mx-red-gata-1844.html?tplview=desktop

Belgian AZERTY here:

https://www.alternate.be/Ducky/One-3-RGB-TKL-White-gaming-toetsenbord/html/product/1830616

Yes, but you can simply buy any ISO layout and put AZERTY keycaps on it. That might already give you more options, but if you look for white and AZERTY-pre-build, then it does get pretty thin.

Have a look at the Ducky One 3 TKL:

https://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/One3-RGB-TKL-PureWhite

It does come in TKL ISO versions, here is the ISO-DE version. You should be able to find it either in ISO-FR or just buy white ISO-FR keycaps.

https://www.caseking.de/ducky-one-3-classic-pure-white-tkl-gaming-tastatur-rgb-led-mx-red-gata-1844.html?tplview=desktop

Belgian AZERTY here:

https://www.alternate.be/Ducky/One-3-RGB-TKL-White-gaming-toetsenbord/html/product/1830616

Ain't wireless...