Jump to content

Win 10 bluescreen issues

CarlBar

Out of the blue, (pun not intended), i've had 4 bluescreens in the last 24 hours or so. The first one occurred after i had to uninstall my android phone driver and do a restart, a few hours later i got a random crash, at the time i just put it down to random chance, i can't seem to find anything in the event log beyond the "restarted without shutting down properly" error.

 

Since then however i had a few more, in order of occurrence and what i can tell about them:

 

 

 

 

Bluescreen after having to troubleshoot an audio issue that caused the headset control app to lockup, (this produced an error that indicated one of my logical processors failed to handle an exception when i googled it). Specificlyl bugcode "The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 (0x000000000000000c, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8063dadc180, 0x0000000000000000)."

 

Then like 10 minutes ago whilst playing helldivers 2 it crashed with zero warning, i forget the exact bluescreen text, something about a Stop_Watch? This was followed by an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (google says drivers), on the restart. Event viewer has nothing on these two crashes other than recording the "restarted without proper shutdown", there does seem to be a mention in the log of a failed crash dump.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm kinda concerned, not sure if i just hit a run of random bad luck or if something is actually wrong, and if it is not sure if its hardware or software, the former is what's really worrying me.

 

Assuming someone can explain how i'd be willing to share my event viewer log.

 

p.s in the process of fixing my audio issue and the phone issue i did do a manual restart twice which ha resulted in a bunch of windows update stuff happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Out of the blue, (pun not intended), i've had 4 bluescreens in the last 24 hours or so. The first one occurred after i had to uninstall my android phone driver and do a restart, a few hours later i got a random crash, at the time i just put it down to random chance, i can't seem to find anything in the event log beyond the "restarted without shutting down properly" error.

 

Since then however i had a few more, in order of occurrence and what i can tell about them:

 

 

 

 

Bluescreen after having to troubleshoot an audio issue that caused the headset control app to lockup, (this produced an error that indicated one of my logical processors failed to handle an exception when i googled it). Specificlyl bugcode "The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 (0x000000000000000c, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8063dadc180, 0x0000000000000000)."

 

Then like 10 minutes ago whilst playing helldivers 2 it crashed with zero warning, i forget the exact bluescreen text, something about a Stop_Watch? This was followed by an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (google says drivers), on the restart. Event viewer has nothing on these two crashes other than recording the "restarted without proper shutdown", there does seem to be a mention in the log of a failed crash dump.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm kinda concerned, not sure if i just hit a run of random bad luck or if something is actually wrong, and if it is not sure if its hardware or software.

 

Assuming someone can explain how i'd be willing to share my event viewer log.

System specs plex. If you got any OC enabled, then disable that. You can also try without XMP enabled

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DoctorNick said:

System specs plex. If you got any OC enabled, then disable that. You can also try without XMP enabled

 

2700X on an As Rock Taiichi , 32GB of ram, 2080Ti, one HDD and one SSD, (the boot drive). No XPM that irecall though i'd have to double check, systems been built and stable for several years now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CarlBar said:

 

2700X on an As Rock Taiichi , 32GB of ram, 2080Ti, one HDD and one SSD, (the boot drive). No XPM that irecall though i'd have to double check, systems been built and stable for several years now.

Ram speed? XMP = DOCP on AMD

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

 

2700X on an As Rock Taiichi , 32GB of ram, 2080Ti, one HDD and one SSD, (the boot drive). No XPM that irecall though i'd have to double check, systems been built and stable for several years now.

Ok if it has been stable for several years, maybe try updating chipset drivers, if on X470 Taichi, then: https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/chipsets/am4/x470.html

If that doesn't work, try disabling or removing HDD. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, will do, and yes X470, couldn;t remember exact number when giving you a quick specs, checked since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

 

Yoink and done.

 

I think from looking at it i have the latest drivers from my chipset but i'm now noticing a lot of metadata errors in the event viewer, (I tweaked the view to show only warnings), just did a quick google and seems to be related to a windows update breaking somthing in the registry. Windows update did install a bunch of stuff during 2 restarts i did sorting out my phone connection and audio issues.

 

Precise error is:

 

"Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{A86B4130-F81A-5260-B848-E2F95600B873}'"

041924-35671-01.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CarlBar said:

 

Yoink and done.

 

I think from looking at it i have the latest drivers from my chipset but i'm now noticing a lot of metadata errors in the event viewer, (I tweaked the view to show only warnings), just did a quick google and seems to be related to a windows update breaking somthing in the registry. Windows update did install a bunch of stuff during 2 restarts i did sorting out my phone connection and audio issues.

 

Precise error is:

 

"Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{A86B4130-F81A-5260-B848-E2F95600B873}'"

041924-35671-01.zip 238.51 kB · 0 downloads

You only had one dump file? I prefer 4-5 to spot patterns as certain things can cause seemingly random stuff to be blamed. Debugging from just a few dump files can be inaccurate. The general error was a Clock_Watchdog_Timeout which is the CPU freezing/hanging, but it was processing page faults (Looks like memory addresses were zeroed). A page is a section of memory.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bjoolz said:

You only had one dump file? I prefer 4-5 to spot patterns as certain things can cause seemingly random stuff to be blamed. Debugging from just a few dump files can be inaccurate. The general error was a Clock_Watchdog_Timeout which is the CPU freezing/hanging, but it was processing page faults (Looks like memory addresses were zeroed). A page is a section of memory.  

 

I don't recall changing it, but i may have at some point, will have to look into making it save more. May have mistaken it for something to do with something else.

 

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's probably an inherited setting from before i migrated my install, (done when i built this system ears ago, moved from a small SSD to a 1TB model). I had severe drive space issues with the previous drive that caused a couple of crashes and made me limit a lot of what windows would put on the main drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CarlBar said:

 

I don't recall changing it, but i may have at some point, will have to look into making it save more. May have mistaken it for something to do with something else.

 

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's probably an inherited setting from before i migrated my install, (done when i built this system ears ago, moved from a small SSD to a 1TB model). I had severe drive space issues with the previous drive that caused a couple of crashes and made me limit a lot of what windows would put on the main drive.

Use this guide to change the dump type to Small Memory Dump. This is not the greatest dump type as it has less information, but it should make Windows save the five latest dumps. After this you can change it to Automatic Memory Dump. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×