Range Extender?

Hello, I have a Corsair Virtuoso XT. The dongle range is not too far, so if I walk out to my living room, it will kind of disconnect and reconnect. I was wondering what product you guys would recommend. Bluetooth has a way farther range and I do not have these issues with the Bluetooth just the dongle

Are you using the dongle that it came with? Because it's possible that even with a solid antenna (UglyNoob's link seems fine) you may just have thick walls or there could be a lot of ductwork/waterpipes/wiring between your tower and your livingroom. I have an issue where there is a specific chunk of my house that, if I walk into it, I lose BT connection. This is because of some shelving and the main vent chase in the way. 
You might be able to get better range with the included dongle and a long USB extension

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 minutes ago, cyberpenguin44 said:

So I would just get that and that would improve the range from the dongle/bluetooth dongle with motherboard?

I think they mean you would unpair the headphones from the stand and pair them to that adaptor instead, as it advertises a lot of range.
in practice though, bluetooth will have more latency and the adapter may not actually provide more range depending on a few factors, mainly it's cheapness and design.

4 minutes ago, cyberpenguin44 said:

So I would just get that and that would improve the range from the dongle/bluetooth dongle with motherboard?

Well, i think you might have to download some drivers, but other than that, it should increase the range. the product description says it can go up to around 320 feet. Im not sure if it will increase the range by that much, but it should be good enough.

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

Are you using the dongle that it came with? Because it's possible that even with a solid antenna (UglyNoob's link seems fine) you may just have thick walls or there could be a lot of ductwork/waterpipes/wiring between your tower and your livingroom. I have an issue where there is a specific chunk of my house that, if I walk into it, I lose BT connection. This is because of some shelving and the main vent chase in the way. 
You might be able to get better range with the included dongle and a long USB extension

Yes using the dongle it came with I am thinking it might be just the walls as well, Bluetooth has better range for me though but would like the dongle because it allows the software to locate device

16 hours ago, cyberpenguin44 said:

Yes using the dongle it came with I am thinking it might be just the walls as well, Bluetooth has better range for me though but would like the dongle because it allows the software to locate device

Then I'd try a usb extension cable

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

On 4/17/2024 at 6:59 AM, OddOod said:

Then I'd try a usb extension cable

Thank you, I will try this! Weirdly I think my desk blocks a lot of range, my computer is current elevated but still underneath my desk. Will try getting a usb extender and elevating it as high as can on wall out of the way. Thank you!