Upgrading Gaming/Work PC

Howdy hey!
Been out of the computer building world for quite some time and right now I'm starting to think it's time to upgrade my system.
However I have not kept up to tabs on what models of the different parts would suit my needs. So I figured asking here for advice could be worth a shot 🙂 

Right now I feel the gaming performance on my current build is okay. Could always be better but I'm not exactly playing the newest greatest games in 4K. And at the moment with GPU prices I feel I rather wait for the next generation of graphics cards than buy the current gen ones at full price.
However I feel that upgrading the rest of the computer is necessary as it's running somewhat sluggish when it comes to work/hobby applications.
Most of my work is done inside virtual machines and when I'm not using VMs I work with software for 3D modelling, media editing etc.

Would love to be able to render 4K videos in the future without having to set a side a full day for just rendering out a file.

I don't care about RGB or flashy parts. When it comes to case and cooling I only want best performance and preferably an filter in the front.
No brand loyalty here even though I prefer Noctua or BeQuiet! over other cooling brands 😅

Willing to move the budget up a bit if it would mean that I would see a performance boost. (+200USD)

Main focus: Upgrading everything except GPU

Budget (including currency): 15000 sek (1379USD)

Games: League of Legends, Elden Ring, Hunt Showdown, Satisfactory, Resident Evil (all of them), Sea of Thieves
Software: VMWare Workstation, AutoCAD, Inventor, Visual Studio, Davinci Resolve, Adobe Suite, Different programming IDEs, AI programming, Industrial Simulations

Current build:
CPU: Intel I7-8700K

Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Extreme 4
Cooler: beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Ram: Corsair 32GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL16
GPU: Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil 8GB
PSU: Corsair RM750X 750W v2
SSD1: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
SSD2: 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 Gen4
CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Operating System: Windows 10 & Manjaro

No new peripherals needed.
Gaming at 1080P resolution at 144Hz.
Planning on getting a better monitor whenever the next good sale happens.
Idea is to upgrade around the summer time this year or possibly a little bit earlier.

NOTE: Reason why I'm not keeping Case, PSU and SSDs is that I plan on giving my current build to my brother in law when I have built a new computer 🙂

I think your best bet would be to upgrade your CPU, Mobo. GPU, and ram, since ur CPU would probably bottleneck a modern gpu. Here's the list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cTr69r

I think ur current cpu cooler should work with the Mobo if u get a backplate and mounting kit. If not, you can buy a CPU cooler. 

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/CjggcH

7600 + 7900 gre + 32gb 6000c30

A little overbudget but this is pretty much the best i can do for this budget with all new

Am5 so all you have to do is drop a new cpu in if you wanna upgrade, dont even need to replace rams unless 32gb isnt enough, just tune em to whatever the new cpu needs be it 7200 or >10000

Psu is a 1000w with a 10 year warranty cause its stupid to buy a warrantyless psu new, might aswell buy used at that point and really cut psu cost while still getting a solid unit

And you can probably cut gpu cost in half (~3500-4000sek) while still retaining most of the performance if you buy a used 6800xt or 3080 instead of a new 7900 gre

On 4/13/2024 at 3:16 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/CjggcH

7600 + 7900 gre + 32gb 6000c30

A little overbudget but this is pretty much the best i can do for this budget with all new

Am5 so all you have to do is drop a new cpu in if you wanna upgrade, dont even need to replace rams unless 32gb isnt enough, just tune em to whatever the new cpu needs be it 7200 or >10000

Psu is a 1000w with a 10 year warranty cause its stupid to buy a warrantyless psu new, might aswell buy used at that point and really cut psu cost while still getting a solid unit

And you can probably cut gpu cost in half (~3500-4000sek) while still retaining most of the performance if you buy a used 6800xt or 3080 instead of a new 7900 gre

Thanks for the recommendration!
Is there any benfit going AMD over Intel with the type of workloads that I'm doing?

1 minute ago, Larssen said:

Thanks for the recommendration!
Is there any benfit going AMD over Intel with the type of workloads that I'm doing?

Main benifit is having a platform you can upgrade without having to do a mobo nor ram swap and amd is also alot more power efficient than intel

Though if you buy a used 6800xt/3080 you should be able to fit in a 7800x3d which is 2100sek more but gives the i9 14900ks a run for its money whilst drawing alot less power, and i think games like satisfactory do benifit quite abit from the extra cache