All purpose server

Budget (including currency): 500$ usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Linux torrenting (need a lot of space), game servers,  IOT devices, and nextcloud but maybe I will host my web server for seeing the 3 things from before.

Other details : I will need to buy everything new, because my now server is a old embedded CPU/motherboard, and ram is ddr3. I have and nvme to put in as the boot device, and some disks but I prefer to buy a multi terabyte HDD. It will be in a public space in my house so if possible need to do the least noisy possible, but that's and afterthought. I will be using Ubuntu server because I don't know any better if you could also recommend something that doesn't have snap (flatpack is okay).

I would recommend looking into a 12100 or 12400. It's overkill but it can handle the game servers and torrenting without any issues. Plus I feel like you could easily get 7 to 10 years out of it. And I mean... most folks who get a server for torrenting should also look into Plex. And Plex transcoding can use quite a bit of CPU. Plus, Nextcloud requires a 4 core CPU.

I would suggest looking at the 12400 or other 6 core CPU, and 32 GB of memory if you plan to use truenas. You can probably get away with less memory if you go with Windows Pro, but Nextcloud on Windows is a bit of a bear.

Edit: Definitely worth looking for a motherboard with a 2.5 Gbps NIC or just buy a 2.5 PCIE NIC.