Need Monitor Advice: Transitioning from G-Sync to AMD GPU

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking advice on choosing a new monitor after transitioning from an Nvidia to an AMD GPU.

I currently own an Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 165Hz G-Sync monitor, but since I've switched to an AMD XFX 7900 GRE after my first build in many years, I can no longer utilize the G-Sync module.  I'm concerned about losing access to variable refresh rate technology and I'm looking for recommendations on a suitable replacement.

My desk measures 65cm in depth and is this model from JYSK:

[ https://jysk.ie/office/desks/computer-desks/gaming-desk-halbjerg-65x135-w/led-white ].

I'm considering a 34" ultra-wide for immersion, but I'm unsure if my desk depth is sufficient, I'd also be open to a better 27" monitor too as I'm concerned about stability if mounted directly on the desk.  I'm open to purchasing a TV stand and slightly adjusting the desk setup if needed.

My priorities are good contrast and motion clarity, although OLED monitors are out of my budget. I'm located in Europe and my budget is around €500, but I'm open to cheaper options as long as they offer an improvement over my current setup.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!PXL_20240406_222858923.thumb.jpg.1bbbf08ffeea9621dc1945c23f2592a1.jpg

PXL_20240406_222905888.MP.jpg

From experience, I can tell you that a 34" ultrawide was fine at a desk depth of 65cm, especially when getting a proper monitor arm that attaches to the desk.

I can't recommend any specific monitor tho. There are just too many! 😄