Pc build

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

can still do alot better for the money

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bQDwfy

7700x + 5700xt + 32gb 6000c32 no compromises 700$ build

microcenter 7700x bundle covers the cpu mobo and rams

cpu is leaps and bounds faster than that old 3600 thats worth 50$ used (new am4 is stupid cause its overpriced af)

mobo is a ton better and even has integrated wifi so no need for a wifi card which is probs gonna be slower than integrated mobo wifi anyways, and since this is am5 you can just drop in a new cpu later down the road without ever having to replace the mobo or rams

the rams should be good enough for future cpus since worst case its ~7600 capable m die and best more likely case its 10000+ capable hynix a die so no need to replace rams till 32gb isnt enough anymore

same goes for the cooler since its literally the best thing you can buy at that price only being topped by a cooler like the frozn a720 which is double the price and not by much either

ssd upgraded to 1tb dram gen 3 as 500gb ssds are kinda bad value especially since the cheap ones are all dramless slow low end gen3 drives

few $ extra and now you have a semi modular 650w unit, this is about the lowest id go for new since its considerably cheaper than a 90-100$ 850w psu with a 10 year warranty like the gf1 but wattage isnt non existent so still viable even if you pit it against used 40-60$ 750/850w rm(x) or equivalent units, yes id still reccomend said used units as they are basically risk free judging by my own experience of buying <20$ much more obscure psus all working fine, but if you just want the convenience of getting a psu shipped to your door the apevia 650w is still a pretty valid choice considering the psus around its price range

for used parts

used gpu is a must here cause new is simply not an option if you wanna stay in budget, 5700xt should be around 120-150$, as for alternatives theres the 2060s 2070s 5700 non xt and 6600xt (if you can find this for <150$)

heres some benchmarks for reference

and yes also used case cause you should not be spending 50$ on a hunk of metal that doesnt contribute to performance at a 700$ budget, should be able to find plenty of used cases around the 5-10$ mark and you might even get one for free if someones throwing a case out

windows license can be bought later btw just run unactivated till you get the cash to buy one

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

Please don't use Apevia power supplies, I'd rather go with this MSI unit instead.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n2FPWt

amazon reviews as there arent any proper review articles yet, seems to be pretty positive reviews wise and looking at photos online 12v = 54.1a = 650w = psu advertised rating so 12v rail is good aswell

Spoiler

th-450233730.jpg.3022d45990062b1258e80d01c955d8db.jpg

i dont see why youd wanna downgrade to a 550w and pay more for it

also this is a better option for the same price if you only care about brand name, though i dont really see any mention of a warranty on the apevia psu so might be a decent option even if a 5 year warranty is basically useless anyways when the average psu lasts 10-15 years though it can be helpful if you get sent a lemon that dies alot earlier than expected uhh 12v = 48a = 576w yea i take that back the only option better than that a550bn is the a650bn at 65$ and at that price id rather just spend the extra 30$ on an 850w gf1 with a 10 year warranty instead of some warrantyless 550/650w unit youd have to upgrade really soon anyways, and that a550bn is a 546w unit with 12v = 45.5a

Spoiler

th-3752421794.jpg.906ddcaa459810b1514247d19482d45f.jpg

so technically worse than the apevia (649.2w) if i look at it with that metric but this is within margin of error so i would probably just turn a blind eye to this, still notable though since it could have been a 45.8a rail instead (549.6w) and be rounded off to 550w

Budget (including currency): 700

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: fortnite, content warning

Other details just build for a friend and just want to get another set of eyes on it

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HygvFs

2 minutes ago, SchAid34 said:

Budget (including currency): 700

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: fortnite, content warning

Other details just build for a friend and just want to get another set of eyes on it

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HygvFs

I like it! Looks good 🙂

Please don't use Apevia power supplies, I'd rather go with this MSI unit instead.

can still do alot better for the money

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bQDwfy

7700x + 5700xt + 32gb 6000c32 no compromises 700$ build

microcenter 7700x bundle covers the cpu mobo and rams

cpu is leaps and bounds faster than that old 3600 thats worth 50$ used (new am4 is stupid cause its overpriced af)

mobo is a ton better and even has integrated wifi so no need for a wifi card which is probs gonna be slower than integrated mobo wifi anyways, and since this is am5 you can just drop in a new cpu later down the road without ever having to replace the mobo or rams

the rams should be good enough for future cpus since worst case its ~7600 capable m die and best more likely case its 10000+ capable hynix a die so no need to replace rams till 32gb isnt enough anymore

same goes for the cooler since its literally the best thing you can buy at that price only being topped by a cooler like the frozn a720 which is double the price and not by much either

ssd upgraded to 1tb dram gen 3 as 500gb ssds are kinda bad value especially since the cheap ones are all dramless slow low end gen3 drives

few $ extra and now you have a semi modular 650w unit, this is about the lowest id go for new since its considerably cheaper than a 90-100$ 850w psu with a 10 year warranty like the gf1 but wattage isnt non existent so still viable even if you pit it against used 40-60$ 750/850w rm(x) or equivalent units, yes id still reccomend said used units as they are basically risk free judging by my own experience of buying <20$ much more obscure psus all working fine, but if you just want the convenience of getting a psu shipped to your door the apevia 650w is still a pretty valid choice considering the psus around its price range

for used parts

used gpu is a must here cause new is simply not an option if you wanna stay in budget, 5700xt should be around 120-150$, as for alternatives theres the 2060s 2070s 5700 non xt and 6600xt (if you can find this for <150$)

heres some benchmarks for reference

and yes also used case cause you should not be spending 50$ on a hunk of metal that doesnt contribute to performance at a 700$ budget, should be able to find plenty of used cases around the 5-10$ mark and you might even get one for free if someones throwing a case out

windows license can be bought later btw just run unactivated till you get the cash to buy one

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

amazon reviews as there arent any proper review articles yet, seems to be pretty positive reviews wise and looking at photos online 12v = 54.1a = 650w = psu advertised rating so 12v rail is good aswell

Spoiler

th-450233730.jpg.3022d45990062b1258e80d01c955d8db.jpg

i dont see why youd wanna downgrade to a 550w and pay more for it

also this is a better option for the same price if you only care about brand name, though i dont really see any mention of a warranty on the apevia psu so might be a decent option even if a 5 year warranty is basically useless anyways when the average psu lasts 10-15 years though it can be helpful if you get sent a lemon that dies alot earlier than expected uhh 12v = 48a = 576w yea i take that back the only option better than that a550bn is the a650bn at 65$ and at that price id rather just spend the extra 30$ on an 850w gf1 with a 10 year warranty instead of some warrantyless 550/650w unit youd have to upgrade really soon anyways, and that a550bn is a 546w unit with 12v = 45.5a

Spoiler

th-3752421794.jpg.906ddcaa459810b1514247d19482d45f.jpg

so technically worse than the apevia (649.2w) if i look at it with that metric but this is within margin of error so i would probably just turn a blind eye to this, still notable though since it could have been a 45.8a rail instead (549.6w) and be rounded off to 550w