RMA Blues

I have an Asus Tuf Z690 Plus motherboard I sent in for rma beginning of March. I didn't check the serial number and found out they replaced my board in the previous rma with a refurbished or new one. So having the wrong serial # took all month for them to process, and finally getting an email today saying I had caused physical damage and it was not going to be repaired under warranty. The picture they sent me has a few cpu pins bent or missing, I wouldn't have bothered sending this type of damage to them hoping for a free fix. My choice, pay $135 for repair, dispute, or toss it in the garbage. I sent in a dispute even though I don't have a picture to show my cpu pins before shipping. I also sent an email to their CEO on the Asus site. I hope this isn't a scam. any further steps I could take please let me know, thanks.

N11296US0001-1_20240404052345.jpg

There's a bot user who sometimes posts in the Sponsor Complaint thread that claims to be an Asus Rep.  It goes by the name Asus_NAsupport.  Maybe reach out to it.

Just now, Erioch said:

There's a bot user who sometimes posts in the Sponsor Complaint thread that claims to be an Asus Rep.  It goes by the name Asus_NAsupport.  Maybe reach out to it.

You could at least tag them 

@Asus_NAsupport

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I did email the CEO with the photo and explained how I wouldn't send in my motherboard damaged, and I didn't have any photos before shipping to prove I didn't cause it. He asked for the photo I did have just showing the board with the cpu cover on, and at the end of the day he waived the repair fee.  If anyone needs CEO support, just look on the Asus website under support. 

Next time I rma something I'll make sure to photo the serial number clearly, with clear photos of the cpu pins.