X elite is so good!

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2284554/qualcomm-says-snapdragon-x-elite-kicks-intel-core-ultras-butt-too.html#:~:text=In multi-threaded performance%2C the,consumes 60 percent less power.

Spoiler

20240401_124812.jpg?quality=50&strip=all

Spoiler

20240401_124836.jpg?quality=50&strip=all

The performance metrics they shown are mind blowing. They even take a win against the Apple M3! Who would have thought 10 years ago that a reduced instruction set architecture could grow and be innovated on so much that regardless its power (power as in how much it lets yo do), its efficiency will blow out the x86 competition. Take my words Intel and even you AMD, you need to have an ARM platform because x86 is soon to be obsolete on mobile (laptop) platforms. On desktop I feel like x86 is going to be there for a while. And given how popular SOCs are becoming, I see ARM being the absolute feature for thin and light laptops. And Microsoft needs to get ready to ship Windows on ARM with decent performance and less bugs. What are your opinions? At this point is x86 even justifiable on mobile platforms?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

4 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

And Microsoft needs to get ready to ship Windows on ARM with decent performance and less bugs

Windows isn't the primary issue. It's the ton of legacy code that will never be ported to ARM. Emulation might work well enough for a lot of things, but let's see how much is left where it doesn't work or doesn't work well enough.

As far as the hardware is concerned, let's wait for independent reviews, before we declare victory over Apple's M processors.

Apple doesn't just have the hardware, they also have a functioning software ecosystem that was ported over pretty quickly, with few exceptions

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

14 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Apple doesn't just have the hardware, they also have a functioning software ecosystem that was ported over pretty quickly, with few exceptions

Yes of course Apple is great, but I am talking about ARM in general and not just Qualcomm. If only Apple made cheaper products, the laptop industry would be almost completely dominated by Apple. Who knows, maybe Qualcomm makes their own OS or use the existing Android platforms instead of running behind Windows. I mean the app support is still pretty great on android so I don't see this being a problem, they will just create a new Apple like ecosystem.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.