PC turns back on after shutting down in windows

Go to solution Solved by VeduchiyTV,

Nvm, fixed it

Hello everyone, I'm having hope my issue will be resolved with your help

I own a pc, it's specs are:
MSI z590-a pro

Intel i9-11900kf

Corsair 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz Vengeance RGB Pro Black (CMW32GX4M4D3600C18)

Gigabyte p850gm PSU

MSI Suprim X 3090 graphics card

WD Blue SN570 1tb

Samsung 980pro 1tb

Samsung evo 870 250gb

6 bequiet coolers silent wings

3 deepcool  rgb coolers

Bequiet Pure loop 360mm

The issue that i'm having, is previously I owned DDR4 2х16GB/3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red (F4-3600C19D-32GVRB)G.skill ripjaws V red

But decided to "upgrade" to prettier ram because I'm trying to do white build

So,with that 2 sticks of 16gb my pc was working fine, undervolted gpu, undervolted cpu, xmp enabled, not much tinkering in bios to be frank

After I "upgraded" my ram, I've encountered very weird issue, my pc turns off, I hear psu click, then after couple seconds another click, and it starts back up, each time, no matter how many times you turn it off it comes back on

While I had my old ram i tried to remove all Corsair sticks and populate back slots for ram, the issue was not present, the problems that I have are only with this set of ram.

I've tried to get back to Corsair about it, maybe they could've helped me, but they just asked for contact info to rma it, which I can't do from Ukraine (also, the ram was bought sealed off, unused so there is no way someone was using it before me)

The only workaround I've found is after it powered off, manually turn off psu with a button on it's rear, by doing so - rgb on cpu block and on fans are starting to glow for a splitsecond and turned off, then I hear another click from psu like it's trying to start itself again, another click, and another click, all in a time of about 10-15 seconds.

I know some might say it's not that big of a deal and just move on with it, but it's really frustrating, I can't turn it off from my phone anymore because it will just start itself and consume power.

English is not my first language, sorry, ukrainian is.

Thank you for reading, hopefully someone will find a solution

7 hours ago, VeduchiyTV said:

Hello everyone, I'm having hope my issue will be resolved with your help

I own a pc, it's specs are:
MSI z590-a pro

Intel i9-11900kf

Corsair 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz Vengeance RGB Pro Black (CMW32GX4M4D3600C18)

Gigabyte p850gm PSU

MSI Suprim X 3090 graphics card

WD Blue SN570 1tb

Samsung 980pro 1tb

Samsung evo 870 250gb

6 bequiet coolers silent wings

3 deepcool  rgb coolers

Bequiet Pure loop 360mm

The issue that i'm having, is previously I owned DDR4 2х16GB/3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red (F4-3600C19D-32GVRB)G.skill ripjaws V red

But decided to "upgrade" to prettier ram because I'm trying to do white build

So,with that 2 sticks of 16gb my pc was working fine, undervolted gpu, undervolted cpu, xmp enabled, not much tinkering in bios to be frank

After I "upgraded" my ram, I've encountered very weird issue, my pc turns off, I hear psu click, then after couple seconds another click, and it starts back up, each time, no matter how many times you turn it off it comes back on

While I had my old ram i tried to remove all Corsair sticks and populate back slots for ram, the issue was not present, the problems that I have are only with this set of ram.

I've tried to get back to Corsair about it, maybe they could've helped me, but they just asked for contact info to rma it, which I can't do from Ukraine (also, the ram was bought sealed off, unused so there is no way someone was using it before me)

The only workaround I've found is after it powered off, manually turn off psu with a button on it's rear, by doing so - rgb on cpu block and on fans are starting to glow for a splitsecond and turned off, then I hear another click from psu like it's trying to start itself again, another click, and another click, all in a time of about 10-15 seconds.

I know some might say it's not that big of a deal and just move on with it, but it's really frustrating, I can't turn it off from my phone anymore because it will just start itself and consume power.

English is not my first language, sorry, ukrainian is.

Thank you for reading, hopefully someone will find a solution

Bratan, i dont rlly understand ur exact issue, but it might be a sign of ram instabillity

You undervolted ur cpu right?? Im pretty sure there is a correlation between undervolting and ram stability. The ram u installed  could have been effected here.

I havebeen overclocking my ancient 4790k with its ancient ddr3 ram, and what ive noticed, is that under higher frequencies (or possibly undervolting), its much harder to overclock the ram and g et it stable.

Whats might be happening with your system is that the bios is trying to apply xmp settings from your previous ram to your current ram

Clear your cmos (take out the cmos battery, wait like 3 mins, put it back in). This will reset all your bios settings.

The issue should be fixed, then next step is try to change your bios settings, first enable xmp, then try to undervolt ur cpu as much as possible. When enabling xmp, make sure the timings  and dram voltage are correct, and are the same that your ram is specified  to work at. So like your corsair ram should describe the timings and voltage on either the  box, or the ram sticks  themselv, or online, and make sure when enabling xmp, the timings and voltage match (and frequency).

Sorry for my shitty explaining, ask any questions if needed

uspehov tebe

Thank you:)

I did reset cmos, and couple times at that, however the issue is persistent, i reached out to Corsair about exact manual to overclock this exact ram and they said:

Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide exact manual settings for manual overclocks. There are too many factors to consider for us to provide accurate settings.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

I did double check the timings and voltage on ram (even tried to gave it a little more than it asks for, instead of 1.350 tried to give 1.4, still works, stable, but same turn off turn on issue)

I also tried to disable xmp and manually "overclock" ram to its rated speeds - the system never booted, just stuck in a boot loop and I had to reset the cmos once again.

I undervolt cpu by -0.100 offset because it's a hot mess when it's stock, overclocking this cpu is even worse because of temps, I put avx and avx-512 to 0 (so it won't push higher frequency on cpu) also disabled intel boost 3.0 (once again, too much heat)

I like you, love to tinker with pc, try to overclock, undervolt, but right now this ram issue is killing me man, it is so stooopid 😄

1 hour ago, silencer12 said:

Make sure video card is properly seated.

It is, with a support bracket and everything, as I said, with old ram it's worked fine, turned off completely without turning back on, with new ram it does it's thing

• 3 weeks later...