Cpu compatability

Im looking to put a better cpu in by HP prebuilt. Its a hp 843b motherboard (h370) with an lga1151 slot. Currently theres a intel 8100 in it and im bidding on an intel 9350kf on ebay to put in it.

Theres 3 things i want to know: if the stock cooler for the 8100 will be enough for the 9350kf, if there will be any wierd bios or software compatibility issues, and if the powersupply will be good enough. 

The power supply is a 180 watt (80+gold) hp stock one. Its kind of hard to tell how much its drawing because i have a 1650 in there, but i have an external psu for that gpu, so idk if the gpu is taking power from the 180w psu through the motherboard or the other one. But hopefully a cpu increase of 65w to 90w will be fine.

im using this system for gaming

Here's the specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05991291

HP doesn't list the CPU as supported, so it might be missing support in the BIOS or HP might actually blacklist it in their BIOS. But the more likely reason is power draw.

As you can see all of the supported CPUs have a maximum TDP of 65W, while the 9350kf has a TDP of 91W. So the cooler probably isn't up to snuff, and so might be the board's VRMs.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

23 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Here's the specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05991291

HP doesn't list the CPU as supported, so it might be missing support in the BIOS or HP might actually blacklist it in their BIOS. But the more likely reason is power draw.

As you can see all of the supported CPUs have a maximum TDP of 65W, while the 9350kf has a TDP of 91W. So the cooler probably isn't up to snuff, and so might be the board's VRMs.

That makes sense. So maybe if i just get a 9100f with the same 65w tdp it will work fine