AMD GPU Utilization and FPS Cap

Munchboy

System: Ryzen 5600; RX 6800XT; 32GB 3200MHz
Since a few days I've noticed my GPU not being fully utilized in Persona 3 R -> From the 120FPS it went to an unplayable state with stutters and frame drops while the GPU was at 5% utilization. Yesterday I wanted to play Valorant and noticed my game was capped at 60 FPS in game (I've been playing this game almost every day with no issues until now). Thought okay might be the AMD driver,, so I installed the old drivers with hopes of a fix -> no such luck. I check my windows setting for my refreshrate, AMD global display settings, power options etc. Then i swapped the game from my main monitor to the secondary one (They are the same monitor Acer Nitro XV272U 144Hz WQHD) and the game is running like normal, which makes me even more confused than before. On top of that if the game is in fullscreen it locks the fps at 60 again. I tried to look at every possible display setting on windows and nowhere does it say the refreshrate is capped. pls help...

UPDATE: Turning AMD Freesync off in the software doesn not mean its off, I turned it off from the monito and the FPS went up to 120. Cool right? Wrong! With VSync on I'm locked at 120. With VSync off I'm locked at 60??? This means something is making my monitor go Haywire, would old age play a factor in this?

我は汝。。。汝は我。。。我は汝の心のより出ずる者。。。

52 minutes ago, Munchboy said:

On top of that if the game is in fullscreen it locks the fps at 60 again.

That on the main or secondary monitor?

Does it do the same when put in borderless windowed?

54 minutes ago, Munchboy said:

This means something is making my monitor go Haywire, would old age play a factor in this?

Does some quick Google-fu

5yo monitor... I guess if you got a bad unit it could start having issues.

pretty unlikely for 5 years of use to affect a monitor in that way 

I have 15-20 year old lcds that are still functional and don't have issues with modern hardware and games 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

21 hours ago, Aleph256 said:

That on the main or secondary monitor?

Does it do the same when put in borderless windowed?

On both monitors it was locking 60FPS in Fullscreen, on the main it was doing it in borderless too. For some reason today everything was working normally. No settings changed, reboot shouldn't matter because I already rebootet the PC mulptiple times. Honestly, I'm falling out of love with AMD cards and next time i'll probably be paying a premium for NVidia

我は汝。。。汝は我。。。我は汝の心のより出ずる者。。。

You are using Windows 11 probably...

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |