Usb c dock PD question

starcrafty12
Go to solution Solved by MrSimplicity,

No you will not have an issue. Just need to make sure you use the correct USB C port for your dock. Looking at the specs of your laptop it looks like the lone USB C port on the left side of laptop. The PD specification is pretty smart and can pull a variable amount of power. So if your brick is plugged in the USB C dock shouldn't push any power at all.

I have a Lenovo Legion Pro 5 16ARX8 laptop and want to get a dock for all peripherals to use 1 cable but want to use the power brick for charging the laptop, as its got a rtx 4070 and usb pd cant keep up with its 300w power brick my question comes in can i still use a powered dock or will i have issues with both trying to charge the laptop

*Edit 

the big use is i use it as my laptop for travel and as my desktop while home and am connected to mouse, keyboard and use a 3440x1440p 144hz display and use a usb c to hdmi cable and am tired of filling all my usb ports and just wanted the power supply and 1 cable for all other peripherals 

No you will not have an issue. Just need to make sure you use the correct USB C port for your dock. Looking at the specs of your laptop it looks like the lone USB C port on the left side of laptop. The PD specification is pretty smart and can pull a variable amount of power. So if your brick is plugged in the USB C dock shouldn't push any power at all.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti