Windows refuses to install on NVMe drive

Attilavsq

I was trying to install Tiny 11 (Version created from the official Win11 ISO with the Tiny11 builder scripts) on a friend's laptop, an HP Probook 440 G9 with an NVMe drive, and it got stuck at a screen saying that i don't have required drivers, and it didn't list the drive either.

I have tried following a few guides such as HP's, and so installing the Intel IRST drivers, but the installer refused to recognize them.

I have tested the ISO on a VM, and it shows no issues with a SATA virtual drive (i can't seem to be able to simulate an NVMe drive)

I have tried Windows 10 (from the official ISO) to no avail.

I ended up installing Linux (Mint 21.3) which worked flawlessly, but my friend wants Windows for games.

Is there anything i have missed ? This seems to be a known issue.

1 minute ago, Attilavsq said:

.I was trying to install Tiny 11 (Version created from the official Win11 ISO with the Tiny11 builder scripts) on a friend's laptop, an HP Probook 440 G9 with an NVMe drive, and it got stuck at a screen saying that i don't have required drivers, and it didn't list the drive either.

I have tried following a few guides such as HP's, and so installing the Intel IRST drivers, but the installer refused to recognize them.

I have tested the ISO on a VM, and it shows no issues with a SATA virtual drive (i can't seem to be able to simulate an NVMe drive)

I have tried Windows 10 (from the official ISO) to no avail.

I ended up installing Linux (Mint 21.3) which worked flawlessly, but my friend wants Windows for games.

Is there anything i have missed ? This seems to be a known issue.

Possible drivers missing you'll need motherboard drivers add to usb drive and attempt to load the drivers so go to motherboard brand and search your model and select support usually there are executables but also zip files I'm sure there's driver files in there.

Kinda a hunt tho good luck.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

3 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

Possible drivers missing you'll need motherboard drivers add to usb drive and attempt to load the drivers so go to motherboard brand and search your model and select support usually there are executables but also zip files I'm sure there's driver files in there.

Kinda a hunt tho good luck.

I actually tried on my desktop (MSI AM4 mobo) and my laptop (ThinkPad L14 G1) but it worked on neither

25 minutes ago, Attilavsq said:

I actually tried on my desktop (MSI AM4 mobo) and my laptop (ThinkPad L14 G1) but it worked on neither

so, install regular 11, since tiny11 probably effed it up

The script doesn't touch drivers or anything. Besides, i have tried with Windows 10 official and it still didn't work.

And i think i have found a solution, i have a drive with Windows already installed on it that i will trade for his current one.