Need help with cpu

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

nope i dont think a day or 2 is enough to even degrade it, i assume <100c? in that case you arent even running over tjmax so even in 10+ years it would have experienced next to no degradation

if you were running more like 130c maybe degradation would be plausible but even then i doubt itd be noticable unless it was running at 130c constantly and im pretty sure thermal shutdown happens at around 115c atleast if you didnt manually disable or raise the thermal shutdown temp, no idea what temp will cause instant death to the cpu if powered on since noones bothered to test this but id assume somewhere well over 130c, powered off itll easily handle 200c+ for soldering the ihs

and with said high temps you wouldnt really be able to push any real voltage into the cpu even if you tried overclocking the thing

so yeah no worries here just enjoy your pc

When I built my computer I left the protective sticker on the cpu cooler and i notice my cup was getting to hot eventually after a day or two I took it off and put the cooler back on is there a chance  that my cpu could be damage if so is there a way to test it I only ran it with that sticker on a couple times and never too long 

2 minutes ago, Skipdiepipops said:

When I built my computer I left the protective sticker on the cpu cooler and i notice my cup was getting to hot eventually after a day or two I took it off and put the cooler back on is there a chance  that my cpu could be damage if so is there a way to test it I only ran it with that sticker on a couple times and never too long 

CPU's will throttle themselves to stop it from taking damage when overheating or even shut down completely.

The chances of your CPU being damaged from a day or two is very low.

If its working fine now with the cooler properly attached without the sticker, I wouldn't worry at all 🙂

Just continue to use the computer as normal.

nope i dont think a day or 2 is enough to even degrade it, i assume <100c? in that case you arent even running over tjmax so even in 10+ years it would have experienced next to no degradation

if you were running more like 130c maybe degradation would be plausible but even then i doubt itd be noticable unless it was running at 130c constantly and im pretty sure thermal shutdown happens at around 115c atleast if you didnt manually disable or raise the thermal shutdown temp, no idea what temp will cause instant death to the cpu if powered on since noones bothered to test this but id assume somewhere well over 130c, powered off itll easily handle 200c+ for soldering the ihs

and with said high temps you wouldnt really be able to push any real voltage into the cpu even if you tried overclocking the thing

so yeah no worries here just enjoy your pc

unless overclocked with safety's disabled it is fine. minus 0.1-9 ghz might be gone !!! hope it was only 0.1ghz gone !!!