Disable intel graphics on MacBook pro

Hello,

I have a MacBook pro, but want to disable the intel graphics and only use my Radeon pro 560x, how do I disable it. I have turned off automatic graphics switching but I still think it uses the intel graphics by how laggy the screen can be, is there a way I can disable it in terminal? Thank you

2 minutes ago, Rezoic said:

Hello,

I have a MacBook pro, but want to disable the intel graphics and only use my Radeon pro 560x, how do I disable it. I have turned off automatic graphics switching but I still think it uses the intel graphics by how laggy the screen can be, is there a way I can disable it in terminal? Thank you

The internal display is probably wired to the integrated graphics. A standard process for almost any device with an iGPU and dGPU with a few exceptions. So more than likely if you disable the iGPU, you'll lose the internal display.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

37 minutes ago, Rezoic said:

Hello,

https://jarrods.tech/what-is-a-mux-switch-for-gaming-laptops/

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.