Will I have a problem using different brands for my TV and home theatre system?

stflames01

I'm not very technical and just looking for some friendly pointers. If my inquiry seems too ridiculous, I apologize for wasting your time.

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my home theatre system since I recently upgraded my TV. I got the Sony - 65" Class BRAVIA XR A80L OLED 4K UHD Smart Google TV and it's being great. With all the new bells and whistles that I have been enjoying, I decided to invest in a surround system for as well. I have only ever used Sony systems but I saw the Bose - Smart Ultra Soundbar with Dolby Atmos and Voice Assistant and it looks really nice. Should I go in that direction, I would also get the base module and the satellite speakers as well. 

So, what I really want to know is whether I will lose some functionality and I won't be able to get everything out of my TV. Eg, I think my tv has this feature where it syncs with my current sound system (Sony - HT-S400 2.1ch Soundbar with powerful wireless Subwoofer) and works with the Tv's own speakers thereby allowing it to produce sounds from even behind the screen, giving it a more cinematic feel. That's the kind of functionality I am asking about. Will I be losing some functionality like that? If that's the case, then perhaps I should just get the Sony - HT-A7000 7.1.2 Channel Soundbar with Dolby Atmos - Black which will be more expensive but I'll be staying within the same brand eco-system? 

Please help and thanks for your advice.

using the tv as a center channel is pretty common with same brand stuff, but I'm not sure if its supported as a standard all manufacturers can use.

but if your use case is plopping the sound bar down right under the tv then you do not need this as the sound bar will do a better job as the center left and right channels.
I would not worry about it, a real subwoofer is going to be better than a fake sub in the sony soundbar

Nah, ARC is generally universal.

However, if you get a Sony sound bar you'll be able to control it from your TV's remote (if you care about that sort of thing).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.