Please help cpu issues?

Please point me in the right direction. I am at witts end and close to giving up. I have been at this for about 3 weeks now. My pc is fully stock settings fresh install. Newest bios. I bought a z790 rog maximus hero to pair with a brand new 14700k. Pc would randomly restart under any sort of load, so I bought an artic freezer 3 aio thinking it could be heat issue. Still same issues, so I exchanged the board for a MSI proseries z790-a. 0 shut downs, but not being able to play fortnite and poe with out using XTU to turn down to 54. My problem now is every app I try to stress or bench with just crashes. Cinebench23 and 2024. Instant crash. Prime95 instant crash, so I thought lets try XTU. Turned XTU to x52 and boom 0 crashes while benching, but very low scores. What could my issues be? I got a new mobo, a very good aio and my ram is on the qvl sheet and xmp is not enabled. Should I not just be able to plug and play? What steps can I take to try to fix this, or point me in the right direction. I've taken this pc apart at least 10 times reseating putting thermal paste down. I am stumped. I aslo just ran occt stabality test. That did not crash but after 7 mins I got "physical core error #7" and then again roughly every 2, but memory and power tests passed just fine.

msi z790-a pro series

Gskill 2x32gb 6400

6900xt

Screenshot 2024-03-19 080916.png

Welcome to the forums!
Yes, please tell us what PSU you are using
Also, when you say crash, do you mean Blue Screen? or is the PC just shutting all the way down?
Other info that might be helpful would be temps (you can have HWinfo log to file) while you test
Finally, have you tried reseating your CPU? 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Psu is msi mpg a750gf gaming power supply 80 plus gold 750w. 

Crashes the app freezes or just auto closes. Same for all 3. I have rebuilt the pc many times over the weeks, and reseated the cpu yesterday when my artic freezer arrived. I have received 0 bsod. 

Aida 64 came with my mobo. That does not crash. Highest temp recorded after 5 mins was 90c

1 minute ago, AribethLoL said:

Psu is msi mpg a750gf gaming power supply 80 plus gold 750w. 

Crashes the app freezes or just auto closes. Same for all 3. I have rebuilt the pc many times over the weeks, and reseated the cpu yesterday when my artic freezer arrived. I have received 0 bsod. 

Aida 64 came with my mobo. That does not crash. Highest temp recorded after 5 mins was 90c

Tried updating the BIOS to the latest version?

44 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Is your PSU up to spec?

Just ordered a 1000w psu. Will be here by 5pm roughly 8 hours or so. When building pc, pcpart picker told me psu was enough. Even googled it, but either way have a new one coming. Only thing left to replace is the cpu, but new egg only does exchanges, and I can not be with out a pc that long. Will go to best buy today and buy another 14700k and test that to see if I have same issues. They have a 15day return policy, and in ohio there is no restocking fees. Unethical, but I am out of options.

Just now, AribethLoL said:

Just ordered a 1000w psu. Will be here by 5pm roughly 8 hours or so. When building pc, pcpart picker told me psu was enough. Even googled it, but either way have a new one coming. Only thing left to replace is the cpu, but new egg only does exchanges, and I can not be with out a pc that long. Will go to best buy today and buy another 14700k and test that to see if I have same issues. They have a 15day return policy, and in ohio there is no restocking fees. Unethical, but I am out of options.

I would imagine it is the PSU, problems like that occur with a faulty PSU. My old PSU kept randomly shutting down the PC, especially when under load. Surprised as it was an NZXT 80+ Gold

2 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

I would imagine it is the PSU, problems like that occur with a faulty PSU. My old PSU kept randomly shutting down the PC, especially when under load. Surprised as it was an NZXT 80+ Gold

I had 0 issues with this psu paired with my 12700k in my other build. Pc no longer shuts down at all after I bought a NEW mobo. The one previous I just returned was a used one that would randomly shut down. This one no shut down issues. Just can't do any benching with out the app crashing, or play fortnite with out using XTU to turn cores down to x52 or x53. Also the apps do not crash if I turn the cores down. Just doesn't make sense to me. I shouldn't have to tweak voltages or anything on brand new cpu. I can play Last Epoch perfect. Gpu full load 99-100%, so I don't really think it is my psu is the problem, but either way it is being replaced by a stronger one.

1 minute ago, AribethLoL said:

I had 0 issues with this psu paired with my 12700k in my other build. Pc no longer shuts down at all after I bought a NEW mobo. The one previous I just returned was a used one that would randomly shut down. This one no shut down issues. Just can't do any benching with out the app crashing, or play fortnite with out using XTU to turn cores down to x52 or x53. Also the apps do not crash if I turn the cores down. Just doesn't make sense to me. I shouldn't have to tweak voltages or anything on brand new cpu. I can play Last Epoch perfect. Gpu full load 99-100%, so I don't really think it is my psu is the problem, but either way it is being replaced by a stronger one.

Have you tested the RAM for faults?

10 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Have you tested the RAM for faults?

Actually went to best buy and bought a new 14700k. Popped it in. Ran all tests 0 errors. Nothing but bliss. 34k score on cinebench. Im very heated with Newegg. Offered me store credit. Which is fine, but what are the chances to get a defective cpu? I asked the rep if it was form newegg or a 3rd party seller. I've replaced every single peice in my rig. Every single peice down to the m.2. When occt spit out cpu error core #7 I should of just returned it that day. Crazy how fast my pc is. insane how fast I load with no app crashing. Now I am stuck with upgrades I never needed.  Thank you for your time. Like I said though. Its like a million in 1 chances to get a defective "NEW" cpu. Customer support for newegg is awesome, but the store credit kinda irked me. Ty again.

7 hours ago, AribethLoL said:

Actually went to best buy and bought a new 14700k. Popped it in. Ran all tests 0 errors. Nothing but bliss. 34k score on cinebench. Im very heated with Newegg. Offered me store credit. Which is fine, but what are the chances to get a defective cpu? I asked the rep if it was form newegg or a 3rd party seller. I've replaced every single peice in my rig. Every single peice down to the m.2. When occt spit out cpu error core #7 I should of just returned it that day. Crazy how fast my pc is. insane how fast I load with no app crashing. Now I am stuck with upgrades I never needed.  Thank you for your time. Like I said though. Its like a million in 1 chances to get a defective "NEW" cpu. Customer support for newegg is awesome, but the store credit kinda irked me. Ty again.

Yeah, that's extremely unlucky, CPUs are normally the longest lasting