Wich OS for Lenovo G570

Hello! A friend of mine uses at work this Lenovo G570 laptop - Intel Celeron B800 and 4 gb of RAM if i remember correctly. He uses it for basic stuff web browsing,youtube,microsoft office.Actually it has installed Windows 10 Pro, but he says that it is very slow. He suggests installing Win 7 for it to run maybe a little quickier, but i told him it comes with security risks for him and pc connected to the network where he works.

What choices do we have on the software side (windows os)? Can windows 10 optimized to run faster on this laptop? Or take the risk and install win7? Install Windows 8.1?  thank you!

Get some more RAM for it. DDR3 SO Dimms should be pretty cheap by now, but 4GB... Thats really not enough. The only OS that might work a little better is Linux and even then, it will struggle with 4GB when you have more than a couple of browser tabs open or two programs at once.

But also the CPU is pretty much a turd. Much better laptops are are available for less then 100€ (or dollars, Pund etc...) so if that is an option, i would totally go that route. Depending on its condition, you might even get enough money for this laptop to afford a much better one without an additional investment.

As above, buy more ram and use a lightweight Linux distro. Win 11 is lighter than win 10 but it's unlikely the laptop can support it, if windows is a necessity go through some steps to debloat and lighten the load.