Hello, I am planning on buying a laptop for myself for regular day-to-day office work and some/ rare gaming. I have been looking at Lenovo and Asus and  I am confused between 2 specifications.

A->

Company- ASUS- TUF A15

CPU- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX

GPU- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop
RAM- 8GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM *2
Storage- 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

B->

Company- Lenovo LOQ

CPU- Intel i5-12450H

GPU- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop
RAM- 8GB DDR5-4800MHz (SODIMM) *2
Storage- 512 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe Gen4 TLC

Both systems have 8GBx2 = 16GB of ram. but A has DDR4 ran whereas B has DDR5 ram.
Both are at an approximate same price point but the ASUS laptop is refurbished. My approximate budget is 70,000 INR +/- 5,000 INR.
I am unsure as to which laptop to select. Please feel free to ask any questions/ clarifications/ details required from my side.
Kindly help.

Edited by Tibdi

I would get the first, and then if your budget allows, upgrade to 16GB of RAM

3 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

I would get the first, and then if your budget allows, upgrade to 16GB of RAM

If gaming is not my first preference and just efficiency is. would your choice remain the same?

8gb of ram is not a lot , my laptop has 8gb of ram but it's from 2011 so at least it has an excuse , idk about these though

I mean it's not absolutely necessary, but modern systems should be equipped with 16GB. You will get along just fine in most cases, it just depends how much multitasking you will be doing, and how many programs you want open at once

I'd go for A, it has a stronger GPU.

17 minutes ago, Tibdi said:

RAM- 8GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM *2

Does this mean it has 8 GB of RAM spread across two 4 GB SODIMMs, or does it have two 8 GB SODIMMs for a total of 16 GB?

8 GB is okay for browsing and desktop tasks, but there's no reason not to have 16 GB these days (especially for gaming).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Both systems have 8GBx2 = 16GB of ram. but A has DDR4 ran whereas B has DDR5 ram.

Just now, Tibdi said:

Oh right, apologies. I would still go for A due to the stronger GPU, the DDR5 won't make that much difference, at least less difference than the GPU upgrade

Just now, Blasty Blosty said:

Oh right, apologies. I would still go for A due to the stronger GPU, the DDR5 won't make that much difference, at least less difference than the GPU upgrade

What about the CPU? how big a difference is there between the 2(If not considering GPU difference)? and how would that difference daily activity, tasks or speeds?
I am someone that is planning on installing softwares like ANSYS, AutoCAD, and CATIA, how would that affect my laptop preference?

2 minutes ago, Tibdi said:

What about the CPU? how big a difference is there between the 2(If not considering GPU difference)? and how would that difference daily activity, tasks or speeds?
I am someone that is planning on installing softwares like ANSYS, AutoCAD, and CATIA, how would that affect my laptop preference?

They are around the same in terms of CPU performance, technically the i5 is a little bit faster. If you are wanting to focus on CPU, then get the the second laptop. The only reason we recommended the first was due to it being the better overall, but for your use case the second may be slightly better. At the end of the day, both will be about the same, you will not be losing a significant amount of performance with either one.

So I would go for the i5 laptop if you want more CPU power. 

43 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

They are around the same in terms of CPU performance, technically the i5 is a little bit faster. If you are wanting to focus on CPU, then get the the second laptop. The only reason we recommended the first was due to it being the better overall, but for your use case the second may be slightly better. At the end of the day, both will be about the same, you will not be losing a significant amount of performance with either one.

So I would go for the i5 laptop if you want more CPU power. 

Thankyou

1 hour ago, Tibdi said:

I would go System nr 1 for either overall better laptop or better CPU of the two. AMD's Ryzen was miles more efficient that Intel when it first came round and I think only 2024 CPU's from Intel are starting to level the playing field again. The Ryzen has more threads cause they're all real cores not those fake E ones that Intel has. Ryzen has faster base clock, better boost clocks and if unplugged should take longer to run out of battery than the Intel. Ryzen clear winner for me.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 hours ago, venomtail said:

I would go System nr 1 for either overall better laptop or better CPU of the two. AMD's Ryzen was miles more efficient that Intel when it first came round and I think only 2024 CPU's from Intel are starting to level the playing field again. The Ryzen has more threads cause they're all real cores not those fake E ones that Intel has. Ryzen has faster base clock, better boost clocks and if unplugged should take longer to run out of battery than the Intel. Ryzen clear winner for me.

Thank you