Best way to run wireless display on win11?

Hello I have a N100 Mini-pc that I would like to have running in a remote location. Is miracast 2 the best way to connect it wirelessly to my main monitor? Is there other alternatives or free ones?

47 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

Hello I have a N100 Mini-pc that I would like to have running in a remote location. Is miracast 2 the best way to connect it wirelessly to my main monitor? Is there other alternatives or free ones?

get a dummy hdmi plug (or install one of the plenty virtual display drivers out there) and use an app like parsec to remote into it

5 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

get a dummy hdmi plug (or install one of the plenty virtual display drivers out there) and use an app like parsec to remote into it

Tutorial? 

Just now, Marie Rose said:

Tutorial? 

step 1: buy dummy hdmi plug
step 2: install parsec on both computers
step 3: insert dummy hdmi into hdmi port of mini pc
step 4: turn on your main pc
step 5: go to task bar, search for parsec and press enter
step 6: press connect

done!

14 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

step 1: buy dummy hdmi plug
step 2: install parsec on both computers
step 3: insert dummy hdmi into hdmi port of mini pc
step 4: turn on your main pc
step 5: go to task bar, search for parsec and press enter
step 6: press connect

done!

I don't want to use two computers. I just want to use the N100 system across the house wirelessly on my main monitor and the room where the n100 is there is no monitor etc just the pc. so as an example I want to use the pc for launching movies etc remotely from a far and watch them on the display that's far away from the actual system.

I looked into parsec and yeah you need a hdmi ghost plug other wise it will not work if your screen goes off using parsec.

9 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

I don't want to use two computers. I just want to use the N100 system across the house wirelessly on my main monitor and the room where the n100 is there is no monitor etc just the pc. so as an example I want to use the pc for launching movies etc remotely from a far and watch them on the display that's far away from the actual system.

I looked into parsec and yeah you need a hdmi ghost plug other wise it will not work if your screen goes off using parsec.

virtual display driver:https://github.com/itsmikethetech/Virtual-Display-Driver (there's also an install guide video)

be aware: you will need a program like input director so your mouse can work when the vdd is installed ( i don't really know why this happens, but it works)

im recommending this cuz you're mentioning a monitor which i presume is connected to a pc, even if it is not, i doubt there are pc monitors available that support miracast

now if you're trying to connect to a tv, then yes miracast is the only option im aware of

but if you're just planning on watching movies, i'd suggest configuring a plex server on the mini pc and just stream them to the tv