need help picking components

Hey everyone, 

I'm a Game Developer from Iran and I deal with internet censorship from inside and sanctions from outside ALOT on a daily basis, to solve this issue I initially got a Mikrotik HapLite to be able to run some basic VPN client capability so i could route my home network behind a VPN, after a while those protocols were not so useful anymore, so one of my friends gave me his Pi and i was able to run OpenWRT which enabled me to use V2ray/Xray configs on the Pi and use as an AP/Router, right now my friend needed his Pi back and i figured i could use an upgrade to be able to do more things, right now my main use will be the VPN but i want to have a setup where i can potentially run multiple VM's and NAS and all sort of fun stuff you can do with a HomeLab, i was thinking about getting a thin client mini pc or another pi but i realized this might be one of the best places to ask for other opinions about parts and assembling this! so any suggestions or help is appreciated!

2 hours ago, LordArthas said:

Hey everyone, 

I'm a Game Developer from Iran and I deal with internet censorship from inside and sanctions from outside ALOT on a daily basis, to solve this issue I initially got a Mikrotik HapLite to be able to run some basic VPN client capability so i could route my home network behind a VPN, after a while those protocols were not so useful anymore, so one of my friends gave me his Pi and i was able to run OpenWRT which enabled me to use V2ray/Xray configs on the Pi and use as an AP/Router, right now my friend needed his Pi back and i figured i could use an upgrade to be able to do more things, right now my main use will be the VPN but i want to have a setup where i can potentially run multiple VM's and NAS and all sort of fun stuff you can do with a HomeLab, i was thinking about getting a thin client mini pc or another pi but i realized this might be one of the best places to ask for other opinions about parts and assembling this! so any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Sort of depends on your budget and prices on your area. If you have access to Lenovo m920q tiny pcs, they work pretty well.