Subscription Cancellation 馃槥

There has been talk from Linus and on the WAN show as having or not having a proper or easy way to cancel a subscription.

This reminded me that as now I have been getting charged a $15 dollar late fee each month for my gym... They have the card on file and the one I gave them. They are just not charging it on the date listed because their are some anti-consumer things listed in their contract related to cancellation and late fees and billing. You can subscribe and pick a club on their website and pay the fees... But they can't charge a card on time. And you can't cancel unless going into the club... And if you go into the club you can only go in at certain times before or after certain dates depending on the club and if the right person is there they can't do it. Also they may make you pay another fee to buy out the year of payments you would be making.聽

This is Planet Fitness

Any other tech or other companies with just as cancerous practices?聽

Call Planet Fitness and demand all these late fees back. They have auto payment on your card, this is 100% on them.

Charging late payment for this when it's on them to process the charge earlier could even be class action lawsuit worthy if they do this to other people.

This type of awful practice is "common" in gyms, unfortunately.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro

I just plain don't do any auto payment options period.聽 There is a reason companies want you to do this.

Lol, planet fitness. Hilarity ensured.聽

Yes, you should, at least in theory... never keep your gym sub on an online level. They can axe it any time.

Stick with old school pay once, use the gym a year thing.

8 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Call Planet Fitness and demand all these late fees back. They have auto payment on your card, this is 100% on them.

Charging late payment for this when it's on them to process the charge earlier could even be class action lawsuit worthy if they do this to other people.

This type of awful practice is "common" in gyms, unfortunately.

Yeah all of it is pretty ridiculous but yeah they won't do anything over phone and everything needs to be a meet at the club you need to talk to the right person.

Also about late fees they won't refund even if they charge it late... Because its in their contract about whenever they get the payment.聽

Also if you set up like three payment options to ensure they get money, they charge one, then try charging the next, then the next one.聽

Yeah but I only have one payment option and I needed the old one replaced so instead they added it and charge it late.聽

4 hours ago, Motifator said:

Lol, planet fitness. Hilarity ensured.聽

Yes, you should, at least in theory... never keep your gym sub on an online level. They can axe it any time.

Stick with old school pay once, use the gym a year thing.

Yeah I like that idea, there is a school gym I would pay the year for but hours can be special and I work at odd times so going there as much wasn't feasible also as classes and sports would take over certain times.聽

1 hour ago, FunkyBushMonkey said:

Yeah all of it is pretty ridiculous but yeah they won't do anything over phone and everything needs to be a meet at the club you need to talk to the right person.

Also about late fees they won't refund even if they charge it late... Because its in their contract about whenever they get the payment.聽

Also if you set up like three payment options to ensure they get money, they charge one, then try charging the next, then the next one.聽

Yeah but I only have one payment option and I needed the old one replaced so instead they added it and charge it late.聽

Sounds to me like you need to charge back those "late fees" and if they complain, threaten them with small claim court.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro