GPU Temp moving so fast

i feel like ever since i replaced my mobo, my gpu temps have been a bit higher and the sensor has been all over the place, for starters im using an rtx 4090 rog strix oc, everything defaulted. i used to never see my gpu go past 60c, now it reaches sometimes 65/66c. i know these are normal temperatures but its weird that they were that much lower before even though im still using the same case, same cooling, just changed the mobo from a b650 aorus pro ax to an rog strix b650e-f because the other mobo was faulty. ambient temps have also gotten up which could i guess explain those couple of degree increase in gpu temp but the sensor it seems like its tripping out, like the temperature isnt stable its like 63-64-65 then all of a sudden drops to 58 then goes back to 60 then all of a sudden 64-65, like i remember checking gpu temps before they were stable and even on older gpu's i had they were always stable. these temps im mentioning are during gaming in games like cyberpunk alan wake 2 dying light 2. what could be the reason? are these even normal temps for such a high end card? i know they arent too high but im still suspicious. no oc is applied or undervolt and i didnt even change any fan curve or anything. i tried using in game nvidia overlay, gpu-z, msi afterburner and all of them have that weird temperature behaviour

6 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

i feel like ever since i replaced my mobo, my gpu temps have been a bit higher and the sensor has been all over the place, for starters im using an rtx 4090 rog strix oc, everything defaulted. i used to never see my gpu go past 60c, now it reaches sometimes 65/66c. i know these are normal temperatures but its weird that they were that much lower before even though im still using the same case, same cooling, just changed the mobo from a b650 aorus pro ax to an rog strix b650e-f because the other mobo was faulty. ambient temps have also gotten up which could i guess explain those couple of degree increase in gpu temp but the sensor it seems like its tripping out, like the temperature isnt stable its like 63-64-65 then all of a sudden drops to 58 then goes back to 60 then all of a sudden 64-65, like i remember checking gpu temps before they were stable and even on older gpu's i had they were always stable. these temps im mentioning are during gaming in games like cyberpunk alan wake 2 dying light 2. what could be the reason? are these even normal temps for such a high end card? i know they arent too high but im still suspicious. no oc is applied or undervolt and i didnt even change any fan curve or anything. i tried using in game nvidia overlay, gpu-z, msi afterburner and all of them have that weird temperature behaviour

Normal temperatures and temperature fluctuation is also normal.
When I play Hell Let Loose in a tank I have around 58c on my RTX 4080 but when I zoom in with the turret it instantly shoots up to 64c and when I zoom back out it instantly drops to 58c.
This is exactly how they work and nothing is wrong.

I can record a video of it if you want that shows exactly this.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Normal temperatures and temperature fluctuation is also normal.
When I play Hell Let Loose in a tank I have around 58c on my RTX 4080 but when I zoom in with the turret it instantly shoots up to 64c and when I zoom back out it instantly drops to 58c.
This is exactly how they work and nothing is wrong.

I can record a video of it if you want that shows exactly this.

and the temperatures itself being at 64-66c while gaming under full load like say 400w or near 400w of power usage, these temps are normal for a strix 4090 under these conditions? they were a decent bit lower before to be honest

1 minute ago, Mando772004 said:

and the temperatures itself being at 64-66c while gaming under full load like say 400w or near 400w of power usage, these temps are normal for a strix 4090 under these conditions? they were a decent bit lower before to be honest

I would say so.  Those are very resonable temperatures during full load! My 4080 at 330w ( overclocked ) stay around the same during full load.

This is common for every GPU for example my RX6600 when i’m playing will go from 50-65 and stay around those temps. I would not be concerned about this unless ur gpu is hitting very high temps like 80-85

Temp alone is not enough information to go on. As a 4090 owner I know these cards don't operate like generations before where if fully loaded, it would sit at the max power of the card and just flatline there. 

Ada cards, at least 4090 will fluctuate power depending on the game and scene and needs to be tracked in conjunction with temp. Some games I play i'm only pulling 250W, many 350W, a few at times its 425W. These all have different temperatures. 

16 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

Here you go, a quick video showing exactly this 🙂 

Even at a locked 141 fps.

18 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Temp alone is not enough information to go on. As a 4090 owner I know these cards don't operate like generations before where if fully loaded, it would sit at the max power of the card and just flatline there. 

Ada cards, at least 4090 will fluctuate power depending on the game and scene and needs to be tracked in conjunction with temp. Some games I play i'm only pulling 250W, many 350W, a few at times its 425W. These all have different temperatures. 

what is your model 4090? and what temperatures do you get on average in games that pull almost 400w. this info would be of great value to me

what is your model 4090? and what temperatures do you get on average in games that pull almost 400w. this info would be of great value to me

Its a TUF OC. I don't really track temp as it doesn't matter to me (boostclock is what counts) but from what I recall its usually in the low to mid 60's. Its also in a Torrent with 3x140mm fans blowing directly at it.

4 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Its a TUF OC. I don't really track temp as it doesn't matter to me (boostclock is what counts) but from what I recall its usually in the low to mid 60's. Its also in a Torrent with 3x140mm fans blowing directly at it.

yeah thats pretty much almost like mine, ik that im running a strix but i think both have very good coolers and will have similar temps. i guess the  ambient temp was the reason i was getting lower temps, it was much colder a couple of months ago where i live which explains these 4-5 degree differences