Changing Disk (C:)

Amit.K

Just bought a new NVME M.2 SSD for my pc and I would like the new one to have all of the default windows information. Basically migrating all of disk C to the new drive and making it the new C. Is there any way to do it WITHOUT formatting?

It sounds like you want to clone your current OS drive to the new one.  There are lots of different cloning programs available.  If your new NVME is a Samsung, they have a free data migration program available that does the job painlessly and copies everything (this is the one I am familiar with and have used it several times now).  You will need to go into the BIOS and change the boot order to make sure it works OK.  You can then change the drive assignment letter if you want.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

13 hours ago, Alan G said:

It sounds like you want to clone your current OS drive to the new one.  There are lots of different cloning programs available.  If your new NVME is a Samsung, they have a free data migration program available that does the job painlessly and copies everything (this is the one I am familiar with and have used it several times now).  You will need to go into the BIOS and change the boot order to make sure it works OK.  You can then change the drive assignment letter if you want.

The letter really doesn't matter but yes. It is a Samsung 990 pro so thank you very much