New CPU doesn't POST on my ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX and yes I have Updated the Bios, old cpu works just fine!

Go to solution Solved by Arcaxon,
On 2/29/2024 at 5:26 AM, DoctorNick said:

What BIOS version is on the board now? Flash to version P4.40, then after you can upgrade to a newer version

Currently P5.20, I tried and downgraded to P4.0 and sadly that didn't work either, additionally I paid 40$CAD to get the CPU tested and it works perfectly fine on another board so...
I think this is it, there's no solution to this situation I don't think. I decided to buy more parts and just make a new PC for the new processor, RAM, and PSU, I'm too burnt out on this to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Current Problem: PC doesn't POST with new CPU in but everything works perfectly fine with the old CPU. This is despite having updated the BIOS, and having cleared the CMOS(Multiple times). 

Summary: The PC works completely 100% fine when the old CPU is in, but the moment I put a new compatible CPU in (did 2 so far) it refuses to POST. I did everything in: 
https://linustechtips.com/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/ and still the issue persist. It can't POSSIBLY be 2 brand new CPUs being DEAD on arrival could it?!

Details:  I flashed version 5.2 of the BIOS to the motherboard, booted with my old pc, verified that it is indeed the version, then shut everything down and put the new CPU, the Ryzen 9 5900X, which should work fine on it. However when I turn the PC on it doesn't post it just stays on with fans and leds going forever with no display. I tried different RAM sets, both of which work with the old CPU but neither work with the new. Had 1 stick of ram on each slot, I did that with each RAM in both slots. Disconnected everything, only had the 1 HDMI plugged to the GFX card to a screen and no signal. I know very little about BIOS settings but I don't think those would matter since I cleared the CMOS and we're talking about a brand new CPU.The motherboard & original CPU is from an old Origin PC that a friend of mine gave me when they were upgrading their PC. I don't know if that matters but at this point I am grasping at straws. I would absolutely appreciate any help, thank you. If you need more info feel free to ask and I'll answer as soon as I can and add the info here with an edit.

Specs:
Kinda corrupted Windows 11(x64).. but it doesn't post so it can't be the source of the issue! 🙂

WORKING CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

New NOT POSTING CPU(s): Brand New AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor (& bonus CPU that I also tried and didn't work: Brand New AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor)

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (Url to the specs and the documents on it: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty x470 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#Support )

RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (Additionally tested with another set of 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 RIPJAWS)

PSU: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Known working, brand new)

GFX Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card

2 hours ago, Arcaxon said:

Current Problem: PC doesn't POST with new CPU in but everything works perfectly fine with the old CPU. This is despite having updated the BIOS, and having cleared the CMOS(Multiple times). 

Summary: The PC works completely 100% fine when the old CPU is in, but the moment I put a new compatible CPU in (did 2 so far) it refuses to POST. I did everything in: 
https://linustechtips.com/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/ and still the issue persist. It can't POSSIBLY be 2 brand new CPUs being DEAD on arrival could it?!

Details:  I flashed version 5.2 of the BIOS to the motherboard, booted with my old pc, verified that it is indeed the version, then shut everything down and put the new CPU, the Ryzen 9 5900X, which should work fine on it. However when I turn the PC on it doesn't post it just stays on with fans and leds going forever with no display. I tried different RAM sets, both of which work with the old CPU but neither work with the new. Had 1 stick of ram on each slot, I did that with each RAM in both slots. Disconnected everything, only had the 1 HDMI plugged to the GFX card to a screen and no signal. I know very little about BIOS settings but I don't think those would matter since I cleared the CMOS and we're talking about a brand new CPU.The motherboard & original CPU is from an old Origin PC that a friend of mine gave me when they were upgrading their PC. I don't know if that matters but at this point I am grasping at straws. I would absolutely appreciate any help, thank you. If you need more info feel free to ask and I'll answer as soon as I can and add the info here with an edit.

Specs:
Kinda corrupted Windows 11(x64).. but it doesn't post so it can't be the source of the issue! 🙂

WORKING CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

New NOT POSTING CPU(s): Brand New AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor (& bonus CPU that I also tried and didn't work: Brand New AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor)

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (Url to the specs and the documents on it: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty x470 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#Support )

RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (Additionally tested with another set of 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 RIPJAWS)

PSU: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Known working, brand new)

GFX Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card

What BIOS version is on the board now? Flash to version P4.40, then after you can upgrade to a newer version

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

On 2/29/2024 at 5:26 AM, DoctorNick said:

Currently P5.20, I tried and downgraded to P4.0 and sadly that didn't work either, additionally I paid 40$CAD to get the CPU tested and it works perfectly fine on another board so...
I think this is it, there's no solution to this situation I don't think. I decided to buy more parts and just make a new PC for the new processor, RAM, and PSU, I'm too burnt out on this to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.