Looking for boring laptop recommendations for my wifey ($1500 AUD)

My wife is looking at new laptops for herself and I wasnt sure what to recommend her, hopefully you guys might?

Budget (including currency): 

1500 AUD

Australia

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

She doesnt game. So will only need it for Microsoft Office stuff (she's an accountant) and Zoom and web browsing, so really low requirements really.

Other details:

It must be a laptop, probably 13 or 15 inch (inbetween is okay too). Preferably not too bulky. 

We usually go Dell XPS but she really doesnt need that much horsepower and we dont want to spend that much right now, maybe a Dell Latitude instead? https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/latitude-3540-laptop/spd/latitude-15-3540-laptop/sm013l354015nk0xgonau_vp

Thoughts?

15 hours ago, mikeysee said:

We usually go Dell XPS but she really doesnt need that much horsepower and we dont want to spend that much right now, maybe a Dell Latitude instead? https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/latitude-3540-laptop/spd/latitude-15-3540-laptop/sm013l354015nk0xgonau_vp

Thoughts?

[ Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems ]

You're on the right track with a business-line Latitude. They're generally built better than the "home" and small business models.

Check Dell's outlet store. They usually have refurbs, canceled orders, and slightly blemished customer returns listed at an okay discount.

I'd recommend getting a dock to go with it, too. We rolled out Latitude 7440s as our "refresh desktops" at work, with Thunderbolt docks to go with them. It's nice having just one cable to plug and unplug to charge the laptop and light up three monitors.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:59 PM, mikeysee said:

My wife is looking at new laptops for herself and I wasnt sure what to recommend her, hopefully you guys might?

Budget (including currency): 

1500 AUD

Australia

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

She doesnt game. So will only need it for Microsoft Office stuff (she's an accountant) and Zoom and web browsing, so really low requirements really.

Other details:

It must be a laptop, probably 13 or 15 inch (inbetween is okay too). Preferably not too bulky. 

Thoughts?

in my opinion even though she won’t be gaming i would recommend going with a gaming laptop because they over time don’t get as slow and the screens are usually better, i would look at harvey norman or centrecom since you are in australia

For business use I agree with Needfuldoer, look for something with a thunderbolt port. Besides that, for future proofing, get something wuth USB-C charging.

Processor wise: intel 12th gen or later, AMD is also fine.

Since she is using is for business, avoid power-hungry and heavy dedicated GPUs.

16GB RAM

I found a laptop in your budget fitting these specs. Good luck!