How do I get it going? teenage engineering Pocket Operator Modular 16

So, a while I bought the teenage engineering Pocket Operator Modular 16 because the price was super low and I have had 2 beers. But it in a drawer and found it yesterday after being lost for a while, got it all together and it starts - but now what? I think its a sampler of some kind...

I have a high end PC with FL studio with two monitors connected to a soundcard ESI something (https://www.esi-audio.com/products/u22xt/ 1)

I’ve been trying to find info but it’s a jungle with words and acronyms I’ve never heard of. I’m good with tech but this got me confused.

How do I connect it to the pc? The ESI card has input wich is XLR and the MIDI output is 3,5 mm jack (by the looks) so i guess 3,5mm jack to XLR? 

Heeeelp please, I have FL Studio but need to learn it 

Thanks in advance 

Ryzen 7 5800X I Motherboard Gigabyte B550 GAMING X I HyperX Fury 32 GB 3200Mhz I EVGA RTX 3060 Ti I Corsair 4000D Airflow I Noctua NH-D15

You are missing some parts to actually use it. The POM 16 is a controller/sequencer designed for modular synthesizers, from the looks of it, its for Eurorack and the small synthies that teenage Engineeering offers.

So most of its outputs are designed for that and none of them produce sound. They generate CV voltages, which are control voltages, not sound. It also has a MIDI output, but your Interface has no MIDI input, so currently its of no use for you.

But MIDI interfaces are pretty cheap. So get one of those and an adaptor (be aware that there are two different versions of those, since they never standadised the MIDI Pinout for 3.5mm...) and then you can at least use it as a MIDI keyboard and sequencer. But over all, as long as you don`t have a modular synthesizer, it will just be a pretty bad MIDI keyboard.

20 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

You are missing some parts to actually use it. The POM 16 is a controller/sequencer designed for modular synthesizers, from the looks of it, its for Eurorack and the small synthies that teenage Engineeering offers.

So most of its outputs are designed for that and none of them produce sound. They generate CV voltages, which are control voltages, not sound. It also has a MIDI output, but your Interface has no MIDI input, so currently its of no use for you.

But MIDI interfaces are pretty cheap. So get one of those and an adaptor (be aware that there are two different versions of those, since they never standadised the MIDI Pinout for 3.5mm...) and then you can at least use it as a MIDI keyboard and sequencer. But over all, as long as you don`t have a modular synthesizer, it will just be a pretty bad MIDI keyboard.

Okey, great thank you so much! 

Would you maybe be able to link a few so I get a grip what I'm looking for? I'm still a little confused what I need hehe 

Ryzen 7 5800X I Motherboard Gigabyte B550 GAMING X I HyperX Fury 32 GB 3200Mhz I EVGA RTX 3060 Ti I Corsair 4000D Airflow I Noctua NH-D15

This is a link to a german site, but i think you will get the idea. cheap MIDI interface You will also need an adaptor from the 5 pin DIN connector that is widely used for MIDI to 3.5mm. These adaptors come in "A" and "B" versions, and in the manual there should somewhere be a mention of which one Teenage uses.