How to uninstall Old office apps

Go to solution Solved by da na,

What you could do is delete the program shortcuts from the Start menu so they no longer appear in the search results. 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

with the first being for all user accounts and the second specifically for your account. 

Hello guys,
I have 3(!!) Teams apps and two outlook apps, i dont mind the team apps because i rarely use teams anyways.
Outlook, on the other hand, is my go to mail programm. 

Now the issue: 
If I open outlook (i always open apps via Win key and search), it always opens the old app, but if I try to send an email it opens Outlook (new).
Id rather just have the Outlook (new) app, but I cant uninstall the original outlook in "Apps > Installed Apps"
Can I even have the new one without the old one? If so, how can I delete the old one? If not, can I just uninstall the new one? 

I managed to uninstall the Teams for work app, but witch of the other two (see picture 1) can I also uninstall and use the other one with private login data?

Thanks in advance I really hope someone can explain this to me 🙂

image.thumb.png.15f07c99c8b3336ce3fa1a9aae080940.png

What you could do is delete the program shortcuts from the Start menu so they no longer appear in the search results. 

with the first being for all user accounts and the second specifically for your account. 

1 hour ago, Lorenz_who_else said:

Hello guys,
I have 3(!!) Teams apps and two outlook apps, i dont mind the team apps because i rarely use teams anyways.
Outlook, on the other hand, is my go to mail programm. 

Now the issue: 
If I open outlook (i always open apps via Win key and search), it always opens the old app, but if I try to send an email it opens Outlook (new).
Id rather just have the Outlook (new) app, but I cant uninstall the original outlook in "Apps > Installed Apps"
Can I even have the new one without the old one? If so, how can I delete the old one? If not, can I just uninstall the new one? 

I managed to uninstall the Teams for work app, but witch of the other two (see picture 1) can I also uninstall and use the other one with private login data?

Thanks in advance I really hope someone can explain this to me 🙂

image.thumb.png.15f07c99c8b3336ce3fa1a9aae080940.png

Do what @da na says, but if you want the old apps completely off your PC, you could try using Revo Uninstaller. There's a free version and it's really good at completely erasing apps and all their traces from your PC. If you do use Revo Uninstaller, make sure to uncheck "Make a System Restore Point" because unless you're deleting critical files, you won't need one. JayzTwoCents just made a video about Revo, you can check it out if you want. 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

uninstall it from control panel, not the settings app.

Unrelated, but some people like me HATE the control panel, so I avoid it at all costs! 🙂 

Reasons why I hate it:

1. I've been a Mac user my whole life until about 6 years ago. I'm used to the simple and clean settings app

2. After my iMac got kinda old, I used Ubuntu Linux on a Raspberry Pi as my daily driver, it worked extremely well for my needs. Then about 1.5 years later I built my first Windows PC, but Windows 11 was out by then! That means I never used previous versions of Windows where you HAD to use the control panel.

TL;DR - The Windows 11 settings menu is very similar to Mac, so I just try to use Settings as much as possible. The only version of Windows I've ever used is 11. 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

2 hours ago, da na said:

So Ig its fine to uninstall the old app and only have the new one?

1 hour ago, PowerPCFan said:

Do what @da na says, but if you want the old apps completely off your PC, you could try using Revo Uninstaller. There's a free version and it's really good at completely erasing apps and all their traces from your PC. If you do use Revo Uninstaller, make sure to uncheck "Make a System Restore Point" because unless you're deleting critical files, you won't need one. JayzTwoCents just made a video about Revo, you can check it out if you want. 

Revo Uninstaller also doesnt list outlook at all...idk y

ill check out the control panel and if i cant find any other suitable way ill just delete the path

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

uninstall it from control panel, not the settings app.

Not even the control panel manages to list either one of the outlook apps ...

2 hours ago, Lorenz_who_else said:

Not even the control panel manages to list either one of the outlook apps ...

you either have multiple office suites installed (listed as microsoft office something something), or one office suit, and one set of store apps.

without knowing what exact versions you're dealing with it's kind of difficult to be more clear about it.

EDIT: PS, that teams thing.. that is a problem, like a major "microsoft should fix this but no one dares asking" problem. there's two flavours of teams, and 3 ways to install each flavour...

17 hours ago, manikyath said:

you either have multiple office suites installed (listed as microsoft office something something), or one office suit, and one set of store apps.

without knowing what exact versions you're dealing with it's kind of difficult to be more clear about it.

EDIT: PS, that teams thing.. that is a problem, like a major "microsoft should fix this but no one dares asking" problem. there's two flavours of teams, and 3 ways to install each flavour...

I just removed the old outlook from my search bar and since im not using teams over 6 times a year its fine I guess, I also dont know wich ver. im on but atp the "doing it so its cleaner" is too much work to be worth, my our yalls time. but ty for the nice tips and ideas, glad Im not the only one with those issues