5V/4A USB Question

I purchased a GL-AXT1800 router and I want to ditch the OEM power supply (5V/4A) for something smaller. It needs to fit in a small case for a project I'm doing. Anker makes a 33w charger which has a USB Type A 5V/4.5A out. I am trying to find a 6"-12" USB cable (type A to C) rated for 5V/4A, but I'm coming up dry. It seems the "standard" stops at 3A. I purchased a 6A rated USB PD cable (I think?) just to see if it will work, but it's 6ft long. Any suggestions are welcome. It does not need to carry data - only power.

Are you sure that the Anker PSu is rated at 4.5A at one output and not at at least two of them combined?

Because as far as i know, 3A is the limit of the USB A connector itself.

8 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

Are you sure that the Anker PSu is rated at 4.5A at one output and not at at least two of them combined?

Because as far as i know, 3A is the limit of the USB A connector itself.

And even on most of the USB C chargers (read all of properly designed) that output more than 3 amps, you would need the device to negotiate PD or PPS charging to activate the additional current. As far as I understand it.  Which a router would not do.

AFAIK, going above 3A will even require a cable with an E-marker, at least in theory.

So, probably not the way to go.