Firewall rule for printing across subnets

da na

My campus's network has separate dedicated IP ranges for Ethernet and WLAN devices, with Ethernet being in the 10.0.0-10.0.2 range and WLAN devices assigned a 10.0.3 address. As the two subnets are on the same network, computers on one can ping to computers on the other and connect over Remote Desktop - however, file and printer sharing across the subnets is blocked by default by Windows' firewall. My print server is on Ethernet, I would also like to be able to use it from wi-fi. A few years ago, I worked out some solution for file sharing, but I cannot recall what exactly I did. I recall adding a firewall exception to allow inbound connections from 10.0.3.0 to 10.0.3.255 for SMB, however, any attempt I've made to replicate this has not worked. 
Could anyone help me figure out exactly what rule I could use? I'd prefer not to let down the firewall too much.

Specifically, the print server is running Windows 7 (my god if another person says I must upgrade, I might explode) and any computer connecting to it would be running Windows 7 or 10.