My internet gets fricked by tp link

TECHNICAL GAMER
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,
3 minutes ago, TECHNICAL GAMER said:

Keeping DHCP on? 

Nope, disable DHCP  unless its the only router on the network. Having multiple DHCP servers is what I believe is likely the issue you're experiencing from. 

So I have an unlimited internet connection and am using the isp router as it's actually pretty good. I am using a tp link adsl router to act as my switch. After some time though, it just stops opening 90 percent of websites. A big one for me is Twitter. I think it's the tp link causing this as this behavior started only after connecting the switch. A quick reset withe the LAN cable disconnected fixes the problem, but it comes bak in an hour tops. What do I do? 

Do you have the ADSL router in bridge mode to stop layer 3 functionality?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Do you have the ADSL router in bridge mode to stop layer 3 functionality?

I can't confirm as the setup menu is inaccessible right now, but the last time I checked, it was indeed in bridge mode. 

8 minutes ago, TECHNICAL GAMER said:

I can't confirm as the setup menu is inaccessible right now, but the last time I checked, it was indeed in bridge mode. 

Best recommendation then would be to get an actual proper switch.  A small 4 or 5 port gigabit switch is only like $15-$20

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Best recommendation then would be to get an actual proper switch.  A small 4 or 5 port gigabit switch is only like $15-$20

I cant really do that. My parents only agreed to let me use it as a switch as it was just sitting there. If I say that I need to buy a switch, they will just tell me to use the wifi instead, which sucks. Anything else I could do? 

10 minutes ago, TECHNICAL GAMER said:

I cant really do that. My parents only agreed to let me use it as a switch as it was just sitting there. If I say that I need to buy a switch, they will just tell me to use the wifi instead, which sucks. Anything else I could do? 

Well if the GUI is inaccessible on the adsl router, even after reboot, then you can try factory resetting it and see if you gain access back to reconfigure it into bridged mode. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Well if the GUI is inaccessible on the adsl router, even after reboot, then you can try factory resetting it and see if you gain access back to reconfigure it into bridged mode. 

Keeping DHCP on? 

3 minutes ago, TECHNICAL GAMER said:

Keeping DHCP on? 

Nope, disable DHCP  unless its the only router on the network. Having multiple DHCP servers is what I believe is likely the issue you're experiencing from. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig