cisco C3750X-24T-S setup?

Commander_Dork

Anyone here own one of these or similar? I'm curious if I can load my own software for controlling this or if I need to stick to IOS for it? I am a complete newbie to these switches. I just received one from my company for free to add to my homelab. It's in complete working order but since it's older and they need new equipment they throw these out. 

You cannot load your own software, you can only load Cisco IOS images which require a valid contract to download.

They are command line only for 99% of tasks with a super limited read only GUI on the 3750 series

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

59 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You cannot load your own software, you can only load Cisco IOS images which require a valid contract to download.

They are command line only for 99% of tasks with a super limited read only GUI on the 3750 series

Okay cool. There's an IOS already loaded so I guess I'm good there lol. I am familiar with using the command line for a lot of stuff like that so I'll just look for tutorials on it then. thanks dude!

59 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I guess my question for you would be, even though it's free is it really worth anything? I plan to use it temporarily while I'm learning switch management and kind of like a toy. Nothing for the long term. 

16 minutes ago, Commander_Dork said:

I guess my question for you would be, even though it's free is it really worth anything? I plan to use it temporarily while I'm learning switch management and kind of like a toy. Nothing for the long term. 

The 3750X is pretty dated at this point, end of life and all

It's definitely useful for learning and getting familiar with stuff though as it's no slouch and can do plenty of L3 features/functions too

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: